Article: 2015 WR Wilson Hearing From Miami

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
Coral Gables high school has been home to many Miami Hurricane products over the past several years ranging from Jonathan Vilma, Frank Gore to even current Hurricane Denzel Perryman. 2015 receiver Shaquery Wilson might just be the next person to join the family from being a Cavalier to a Hurricane.

Wilson is one of the under the radar receivers for the class of 2015 and was participating with his team at the NIke 7 on 7 this past weekend.

“I’m just here to prove to people how hard I’ve been working and also just to get better.”

The 6’1 175 pound receiver has been constantly working with his team to be able to compete next year in hopes of making a playoff run.

“It’s been good we have been working day in and day out, you know lifting weights, going hard,doing 110’s . We’ve just been working hard to get back in it.”

While Wilson is still far away from getting concerned with recruiting, he is still hearing from schools.

“I got a couple colleges. I got UM, Marshall, Syracuse and I got NIU.”

Miami hasn’t yet offered the Coral Gables product, but he has been communicating with them.

“UM, they told me to couple of camps and that they were going to talk to me about an offer.They have a lot of interest.”

Wilson does have legitimate interest in the Hurricanes and cites the hometown aspect as a main reason.

“Yeah, I like them because there down here in Miami. Me, I’m a Miami fan too.”

Wilson has some high remarks for the job coach Golden has done with his time at Miami.

‘He is a good coach and they have the potential to really do it big there.”

The other school after Wilson is the Syracuse Orange, who offered him but haven’t been in contact with him.

“I haven’t been hearing nothing from Syracuse since they offered me so, I just got to hit up the coaches.”

When asked if there were any schools in particular he would like to hear from, one came to mind.

“FSU, with FSU I just like the fast tempo that they have. Everything is a fast tempo there.”

Advertisement
thought it was Q Wilson .....

28.jpg

Advertisement
What we have to get out this is the fact that they are all over the State of Miami over turning rock making sure no talent goes unevaluated. Mayes, Turner and Langham are great examples of them putting in the time and finding talent that the supposed talent sites didn't highly regard.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back