Article: 2014 FSU Commit "Miami is Dominant"

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 Coral Reef WR Jacob McCrary was visited by Miami wide receiver coach George McDonald last Friday during his game against Homestead.

“Coach McDonald came to the school and he talked to me and told me that he was going to be at the game and watch me. I did my best at the game, so I’m pretty sure he liked what I had.”

McCrary is an FSU commit, but does admit that he is still enjoying the recruiting process and speaking with other schools.

“The recruiting process is going great right now, a lot of big name schools are coming through like Alabama, Notre Dame and FSU."

The Coral Reef product does admit he has interest in Miami, and he could see himself possibly going there.

“Yes, I do believe they can flip me since I always grew up a fan of Miami. They have been an all-around dominant team getting all the good players out of Dade and Broward.”

The 2014 WR has two upcoming visits planned so far that include one this weekend to watch Clemson play FSU and also the following weekend to see Miami play against NC State.

McCrary is considered one of the top wide receivers for the 2014 class and has been compared to several different popular receivers. McCrary gave us his own opinion of who he feels he resembles the most.

“I believe I remind myself of Sammy Watkins because he is a great slot receiver and he can beat you using the combat or the deep ball. He is also a very good punt returner and kick returner which I am good at as well.”

McCrary feels his best skill is his route running.

Advertisement
Advertisement
you probably shouldn't headline the article with a quote he didn't even say (he said a derivative of which insinuated something very different from the headline)

thanks for the article though

you probably shouldn't headline the article with a quote he didn't even say (he said a derivative of which insinuated something very different from the headline)
This.

He implied that we were a dominant recruiting team last year, pulling really good players from Dade and Broward--which is true. He didn't talk about the Miami Hurricanes being a dominant team in CFB, which the headline insinuates.

I've said I could write better articles than the Herald, and now I'm starting to think I could at least come up w/better headlines than this one on CIS.

Sammy Watkins is a slot reciever?

lol

He operates out of the slot a lot, and is great at doing so, so I don't see the problem. Watkins is a great slot, X, Z, flanker, split end, wideout..doesn't matter.

Advertisement
Before the whole Vernon Davis scenario McCray was all Cane once he got offered....not so certain now.

This.

He implied that we were a dominant recruiting team last year, pulling really good players from Dade and Broward--which is true. He didn't talk about the Miami Hurricanes being a dominant team in CFB, which the headline insinuates.

I've said I could write better articles than the Herald, and now I'm starting to think I could at least come up w/better headlines than this one on CIS.

Slow your roll

Last edited:
Advertisement
McCray and Ermon and Sony would just be a flat out dirty nasty sick class...

A fan can dream

Advertisement
This site needs a serious upgrade in recruiting writers.

We have the best and most comprehensive recruiting coverage there is, from the class of 2013 to 2016. The board is doing so well even Noles spend their entire days on it.

Keep up the great work, Tito.

Advertisement
Back