Arthur Williams

Advertisement
We seem to have a lot of misunderstandings with recruits. Is Arthur Williams' coach part of the racist conspiracy?

man its like he is a second or two late after the snap...when every body is going in for the rush then he comes...
maybe I am reading too deep

No actually he is a second slower, because he is reading his keys and looking for ball carrier. You can see him trying to reposition his head to the inside when he engages a blocker on what he feels will be an inside run or outside weak side play that he will have to chase. But once he reads he makes a play, which tells me he is moving faster then the other defenders in order to catch up to ball carrier and make a play or get in on the tackle. Also because he is reading plays he was able to get 2 pass knock downs and even more importantly he saw a fumbled ball everyone else ran by, an had the athletism to scoop and run for a 57yd TD, including the vision to cut back at the end of the run to avoid a pursuing tackler.

Definitely think a redshirt year and winter of S&C will do wonders for this young man but, I think he is definitely a plan C guy, that UM needs to stay in touch with. Also I think hitting the camp circuit will help his technique. If he does have grades issues give him a verbal then place him at prep school. Athletically he is what you want in NT bench 370lbs (30 reps of 185lbs) , 500lb squat (will get better with college s&c) and ran a laser timed 5.15 sec 40yd time without any speed training ( you can tell from his highlights he hasn't done much explosion or fast twitch workouts). This will be interesting to see what happens with him.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Well UM will get a chance to coach him up this weekend at AG's camp and I have a feeling if he takes to the coaching well he may get a committable shortly after the camp. Kid wants to be a cane badly and is strong as an OX.

Good luck to the young man.

Go Canes

I really do enjoy your post paranos but im not really interested in the young fellow if we strike out on all 10 DT's before him then yeah sign him up

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back