Artavius Jones, Four-Star Defensive Lineman, Joins Miami Hurricanes' 2024 Recruiting Class

Advertisement
Advertisement
Do we have a mid season reel?
Can’t find one right now, but here’s Junior and Senior Year stats per MaxPreps (if anyone else has differing stats or even another website, feel free to add on). I also don’t know what type of competition they have up there.

Junior Year: 14 games, 58 tackles (18 solo), 14.0 TFL.

Senior Year: 10 games, 44 tackles (21 solo), 10.5 TFL.

Received offers from Kentucky and Colorado since committing to us, 247 doesn’t list an FSU offer but that’s wrong/hasn’t been updated yet I think.

Also looks like he focused more on defense this season, But that’s where his future is so it’s totally expected / honestly recommended.

Last edited:
If LT is 300 pounds Jones looks 6-4 315. Anyone know his measurables? Jones and Burroughs will be a nice duo. If only Taylor and JHH come back we would have something nice.
I think it def happens. Burroughs automatically becomes the nose and LT doesn’t have to fill that spot anymore.

Advertisement
If LT is 300 pounds Jones looks 6-4 315. Anyone know his measurables? Jones and Burroughs will be a nice duo. If only Taylor and JHH come back we would have something nice.
Bring JHH back on a better value ($/play) deal than Taylor. Keep Jones. Keep Burroughs, Horton, and Moten. Try again next year.

Ill give mario this, his record with kids flipping on him still remains great. Maybe FSU backed off but this is a great sign to keeping Artavius in the class.
Mario will almost always get praised on the recruiting board. That's his specialty and excels at it.

But boy when it comes to coaching......yikes.

Advertisement
Whale Wars Season 2? I'm not sure my heart can take it, brother.
Here are my top 10 principles of whaling:

1. Vessel Design: Efficient whaling required specially designed vessels. These ships were often reinforced to withstand harsh ocean conditions and equipped with storage for the whales.
  2. Navigational Skills: Skilled navigation was crucial for whaling, as it involved long voyages in search of whale pods in often remote and challenging oceanic regions.
  3. Whale Spotting: An essential skill was the ability to spot whales from great distances. Lookouts would be posted, often in the crow's nest, to spot whale spouts, flukes, or breaches.
  4. Knowledge of Whale Behavior: Understanding the behavior and migration patterns of different whale species was key to predict their locations and movements.
  5. Harpooning Techniques: Effective harpooning was a critical skill. This involved not just the physical act of throwing the harpoon but also understanding the anatomy of the whale to strike effectively.
  6. Boat Handling: Small rowboats were used to approach whales closely. Skillful boat handling in these small vessels was essential, especially in rough sea conditions.
  7. Team Coordination: Whaling required a well-coordinated team effort. From the crew on the main vessel to the men in the rowboats, everyone needed to work in sync.
  8. Processing Skills: Once a whale was caught, processing it quickly and efficiently was important. This included extracting oil, blubber, and other valuable parts.
  9. Preservation and Storage: Proper methods for preserving and storing whale products during long sea voyages were crucial to maintain the quality of the catch.
  10. Risk Management: Whaling was a dangerous occupation. Managing risks, from bad weather to aggressive whale behavior, was vital for the safety of the crew and the success of the venture.

Advertisement
Dude hasn’t hit a college S&N program yet. He can be a beast. Ideal situation we have Burroughs, jones and Moten at NT and the Athletes at the 3 tech. 44 has his spot locked down, just put whoever rushes the passer best on the opposite side.

Advertisement
Back