Artavius Jones, Four-Star Defensive Lineman, Joins Miami Hurricanes' 2024 Recruiting Class

View as article
Advertisement
I didn't need to see anything more on his highlights after I saw him catch a bubble screen on the perimeter as a 280lb DT lol. That kind of athleticism paired with even medium level work ethic, and this kid should be a first two round type of player.
We shall see, and there is reason for your optimism, but just remember that Marcus Forston lined up to run routes in the AA practice and juked Terrell Pryor on a rep and we all thought we were getting the next great Cane DT.

Advertisement
We shall see, and there is reason for your optimism, but just remember that Marcus Forston lined up to run routes in the AA practice and juked Terrell Pryor on a rep and we all thought we were getting the next great Cane DT.
In fairness he was a decent player. He was a freshman AA and his sophomore year was pretty good. Got hurt that Jr year and went pro after that. One of those guys in a long line of Canes who could have stood to stay an extra year to improve their stock lol.

He plays with extremely high IQ for a “raw”
player. OG, OT, TE, HB, DT, DE. He plays five positions. His instincts and change of direction are nuts.

I’m biased because this is MY GUY this cycle but, boys, we got us one.

My personal rankings on the DT’s we’ve been

Breland, Stone, Artavius, Scott and Kam Franklin.

To me, he’s in the middle of the top five we’ve been linked to.

In fairness he was a decent player. He was a freshman AA and his sophomore year was pretty good. Got hurt that Jr year and went pro after that. One of those guys in a long line of Canes who could have stood to stay an extra year to improve their stock lol.

Agree. If Forston were on a winning team with a strong grind culture and more competition to push him, I believe he'd have lived up to his potential. Clint Hurtt may have bounced back from his stint as our DL coach, but at the time he was all about recruiting and not very much about development. So many high-end DTs live the good life in college and never develop. IMO, that was what did in Marcus.

Advertisement
Coach Hayes breakdown. He can’t stop smiling and laughing. Calls Artavius his POTT Player. Pop Off the Tape.

Calls him most athletic DT in nation despite comp.

We already know this, but we got an absolute star here!!!

This is gotta be the most I’ve ever enjoyed watching film with Coach Hayes. I LMAO - in a great way - through the entire clip. Art is going to be a beast!

This is gotta be the most I’ve ever enjoyed watching film with Coach Hayes. I LMAO - in a great way - through the entire clip. Art is going to be a beast!
Oh, yeah! This and his Bain breakdown. He was snarling the whole time during the Bain breakdown, questioning why he wasn't a five star.

They were cooking the books for years on enrollment. Tough place to play when they had it rolling though

Lol, wondered when somebody was gonna mention these well-known shenanigans :LOL:

FBC, you must be from up this way.

Will say that Madison County wasn't the only school in North Florida doing it (and I don't know enough to say about the rest of the state)

If Forston were on a winning team with a strong grind culture and more competition to push him, I believe he'd have lived up to his potential.

Snoop Dogg GIF by BMF

Advertisement
Lol, wondered when somebody was gonna mention these well-known shenanigans :LOL:

FBC, you must be from up this way.

Will say that Madison County wasn't the only school in North Florida doing it (and I don't know enough to say about the rest of the state)
Made in Dade but have been coaching in Jax since 05 and played Madison a few times

Advertisement
Coach Hayes breakdown. He can’t stop smiling and laughing. Calls Artavius his POTT Player. Pop Off the Tape.

Calls him most athletic DT in nation despite comp.

We already know this, but we got an absolute star here!!!

so.... you just gonna steal my job huh??

Lol naw i'm joking. I always look forward to Coach Hayes breakdowns. Especially since he was an actual coach and he knows what the **** he's talking about. His word holds more weight on a player to me than any of these recruiting sites.

There’s a small chance we go from “this is personal, it’s going to be in contention for the best D-Line class in America” to potentially the third-best D-Line in the state.

I think McCray is FSU bound. I think Artavius is a bad-kept secret and will eventually return closer to home. We’re still waiting on that UF recruiting implosion, right?

Better win on the field tonight.

Advertisement
Back