Art Kehoe

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
apparently the one coach who is recruiting and developing at a high level on this staff. hope butch keeps him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I still believe he gets way too much credit.

Under Kehoe we have historically been horrendous in short yardage, such as 3rd and 3 or less or goal line situations. Duke had to work miracles making people miss in the backfield to gain yardage. He masked a lot of our OL deficiencies.

Remember, Kehoe had no coaching prospects until Golden swooped in.

That all said, I hope he proves me wrong with developing the current players.

and OL was the most difficult position to coach this year too...

Freshman QB to protect, and the majority of the line is injured thus you have to start 3 true freshman at times

Under Kehoe we have historically been horrendous in short yardage, such as 3rd and 3 or less or goal line situations. Duke had to work miracles making people miss in the backfield to gain yardage. He masked a lot of our OL deficiencies.

You haven't noted. Art doesn't CALL the plays. Art doesn't call all the WR screens. Art doesn't call all the zone blocking plays.

This offense (and defense for that matter) is not a South Florida scheme. It's a Virginia/PSU abomination.

Advertisement

Kehoe is ok. I thought the O line got better throughout the year and finished as our best unit overall.

You haven't noted. Art doesn't CALL the plays. Art doesn't call all the WR screens. Art doesn't call all the zone blocking plays.

This offense (and defense for that matter) is not a South Florida scheme. It's a Virginia/PSU abomination.

I'm sure as **** not defending Golden's passive failed schemes, but not sure that explains it all.

My recollection is that the short yardage problem has been with Kehoe just about his entire career at UM.

All of this. QFT.

Advertisement
Kehoe hasn't always been my favorite coach over the years but he does his job. If the rest of the staff would just do their jobs we would be fine. If the admin would just do their job we would be fine.

Al micromanages everything, preferring players play all positions with lots of rotation. Art has done well living under Al's rule.

Advertisement
The OL was not the problem last year.

It wasn't THE problem but it was a MAJOR problem early in the year and definitely underperformed the previous season. That said, Kehoe is one of the guys I definitely wouldn't mind being part of the next staff. At least he's capable of showing improvement.

Last edited:
Kehoe is tricky. As a unit you look and the line got better as the season went on and played well overall, you also see the development of a guy like Feliciano. At the same can you really say Flowers reached his potential here? Do they excell in short yardage? I like Kehoe and hope he is retained by the next guy but I won't pretend like I think the line played as well as they could have.

Advertisement
Back