Army All American game

losdogcane

Junior
According to Cedric Wright, he Mullins and Jackson have gotten invitations to play in the game. This is from an article on 24/7;

"I've been talking to the Army Game people for awhile now, I thought my invitation was long overdue," Wright said. "They were waiting and they finally pulled the trigger on me, Dionte (Mullins), and Joseph Jackson. I also had spots in the other ones already, Under Armour and Semper-Fidelis. I'll choose which one to do after the season."

Advertisement
Crazy how kids are now "verbally" committing to all star games and flipping or waiting to announce. Unless you are a 5 star kid, there is absolutely no reason for Army or Under Armour to wait around and get shafted. Not sure these kids realize how many 4 star prospects there are and how many spots are on these all star rosters. I think the Army game had 100 on the roster last year. The 2 major all star games will only have spots for about 200 players. The Semper-Fi and Blue-Gray are not at the level of recognition as the Army and UA games.

247 composite rankings currently has:
-31 5 Star players
-290 4 Star players

That's 321 players who are ranked as 4 or 5 star. That number is actually much higher when considering guys likes Ced & Bryd who are 4 stars on ESPN and 3 Stars everywhere else. I still can't believe Shaq does not have an invite yet but Amy and UA offered Ced, Mullins, and Jojo. I love those 3 guys but no way they are better than Shaq who along with Bruce and Jack are the only 3 commits to be ranked by all 4 major ranking services.

There are over 1680 player ranked as a 3 star or higher. We all know this is not an exact science and some politics that go into it.

Ced is currently ranked a 3 star at 560 on 247 composite... not sure how he can wait until after the season to decide when guys like Zach are on a watch list and Shaq is still waiting for an invite.

If I was the running Army or UA game, I would only hand out maybe 50 early invites to the blue chip 5 star guys and give them a chance to lock down a spot. I would wait until the season is over to invite the rest. Each game can only take up to 100 players so you know that you will be getting guys who are in the top 250 regardless. We all know how rankings differ on the top 250 so there is a pretty large pool to select from.

Much like the scholarship, players should be honored to get the invites and not play around by waiting to announce or flipping.

Look at Jack as an example, he is committed to play in the UA game but may not make the Elite 11 finals. Basically there are at least 16 other QBs to choose from if he changes his mind. We have 2 commits go to the opening which feature 162 players. That is 2 out of almost 30 guys who are or were committed to us for 2016. There are a lot of players to chose from for these games.

Last edited:
Surprised about Mullins getting this invite.

I have a feeling the Army game uses ESPN rankings for their invites. Here are the guys they have already invited.

Bryd: #39 (not ranked by Rivals, Scout, or 247)
Bruce: #74
Jack: #70
Mullins: #79
JoJo: #168
Ced: #280 (not ranked by Rivals, Scout, or 247)

Rasul (#81), Shaq (#95), and Richards (#287) should be next.

Advertisement

I have a feeling the Army game uses ESPN rankings for their invites. Here are the guys they have already invited.

UA is ESPN. Army is Rivals/scout..

Army uses 247 . They have big partnership

i got news for u. ray lewis and ed reed would not have been invited coming out of HS.

Advertisement

Why would they invite 2 guys who are not even ranked by any of the services that they use this early in the game? What are they going to say during the game? He is not ranked in the 247 Sports top 300 or by our partners Rivals and Scout but has a ton of potential and was in the top 250 on another ranking list? Make not sense to me.

Why would they invite 2 guys who are not even ranked by any of the services that they use this early in the game? What are they going to say during the game? He is not ranked in the 247 Sports top 300 or by our partners Rivals and Scout but has a ton of potential and was in the top 250 on another ranking list? Make not sense to me.

trust me they will get ratings boost because of that reason right there. i had never heard of Lawrence Cager and all of sudden he was 4 star recruit. you will see watch.

ESPN does the UA game. It's always been that way. I coached/trained a few kids that have played in it. I trained a kid who was the number 1RB on their site for a while, moved down to 3 at the end of the season. He was ranked 8th on rivals. They also invite a few kids that are ranked very low. One year they had robi toma, the wr from wake that caught like 13 catches on us, and a OL or TE that was ranked 100+ for his position. I think some of those kids had coaches and teammates that were ranked higher and they got package deals,i.e., toma and Manti Teo. Their HC was one of the position coaches/assistants for the game. Every year you see a few players that in both games that aren't ranked very high.

trust me they will get ratings boost because of that reason right there. i had never heard of Lawrence Cager and all of sudden he was 4 star recruit. you will see watch.

Cager was always highly rated, he was just not on Miami's radar.

Advertisement
FWIW...I don't know why a kid would ever pick the army game over the UA. Especially if you're from FL.

The 7v7 team and hs that I coached on has had players in both

UA: No curfew in Orlando, in 2009 an hs girls soccer tournament had all of their participants stay at the same hotel, all practices are on tv, more gear, better weather.

Army: 10 curfew, ****** weather, practice clips are only on rivals.com.

Last edited:
FWIW...I don't know why a kid would ever pick the army game over the UA. Especially if you're from FL.

The 7v7 team and hs that I coached on has had players in both

UA: No curfew in Orlando, in 2009 an hs girls soccer tournament had all of their participants stay at the same hotel, all practices are on tv, more gear, better weather.

Army: 10 curfew, ****** weather, practice clips are only on rivals.com.

Army is the original all star game that got name recognition. UA's first game was in 2008 when we had like 8 commits in the game.

According to Cedric Wright, he Mullins and Jackson have gotten invitations to play in the game. This is from an article on 24/7;

"I've been talking to the Army Game people for awhile now, I thought my invitation was long overdue," Wright said. "They were waiting and they finally pulled the trigger on me, Dionte (Mullins), and Joseph Jackson. I also had spots in the other ones already, Under Armour and Semper-Fidelis. I'll choose which one to do after the season."

Suprised at mullins. Hes one of the best wide outs in the country wtf?

Advertisement

Suprised at mullins. Hes one of the best wide outs in the country wtf?

Hardly 1 of the best in nation. More than likely not even top 10 in florida.

Craig - Myers
Saloman
TJ Chase
Stove
Gavin
Bruce
Victor
Ridley
Nixon
Pie

Are all WR I would take over Mullins.

Top 4 in some order would be Myers, Nixon, Gavin and Bruce.

Advertisement
Back