Army All-American game thread

Advertisement
I remember a couple weeks ago cats were on here talking like Silvera wasn't going to be a beast for us. Nasty Nesta is a beast now. Man amongst boys today. If you don't think he's a day 1 contributor, I don't know what to tell you.

Yes Sir!!! I kept arguing with that somamambich AUCane talking about Nesta was not good enough to make an impact as a frosh. Where is AUCane today?

[MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION]. Any info on LO not playing? Hurt?

It’s all star game, only so many plays each of the running backs(east had 4 of them) can play. It did seem like cook got most of the plays though.

^^^^Sherlock^^^^

I’m not playing captain save a hoe here...but Tweed posts the same exact thing on the next page and gets 13 up votes. You don’t call him out, why? Brock has his faults but **** like this is ridiculous.

I went to the game today. Lawrence needs a lot of work. You can tell he is athletic but needs some serious coaching and weight room. Nesta, was unblockable and I loved him not giving a eff and late hitting Daniels. Daniels was really sharp today, USC should be glad Darnold is leaving. Hightower got a ton of targets and I thought played really well. He will be an interesting guy to watch his progression going into fall camp. Lo seemed to not get very many carries, which I'm not too upset about. Williams really throws a good ball but needs some coaching too, to understand touch a little better. Pope had the DB beat 2 plays in a row for a TD but the passes were off.

I focused a lot on a TC and he is hands down the best corner in this class. His understanding of leverage and positioning as far as routes go off of formation and alignments is light years ahead of anything we have on the roster. I really hope he signs.

I am not sure if it was the west DL being really good or the East left side of the OL being absolutely terrible but it was hard to watch at times. They really did a poor job most of the game in pass pro.

Not sure Woodbey is as slow as someone on here was saying. He looked pretty decent today to me.

I couldn't help but laugh when Jobe got absolutely torched in the first quarter. Was not very impressed with him today at all.

Advertisement
I went to the game today. Lawrence needs a lot of work. You can tell he is athletic but needs some serious coaching and weight room. Nesta, was unblockable and I loved him not giving a eff and late hitting Daniels. Daniels was really sharp today, USC should be glad Darnold is leaving. Hightower got a ton of targets and I thought played really well. He will be an interesting guy to watch his progression going into fall camp. Lo seemed to not get very many carries, which I'm not too upset about. Williams really throws a good ball but needs some coaching too, to understand touch a little better. Pope had the DB beat 2 plays in a row for a TD but the passes were off.

I focused a lot on a TC and he is hands down the best corner in this class. His understanding of leverage and positioning as far as routes go off of formation and alignments is light years ahead of anything we have on the roster. I really hope he signs.

I am not sure if it was the west DL being really good or the East left side of the OL being absolutely terrible but it was hard to watch at times. They really did a poor job most of the game in pass pro.

Not sure Woodbey is as slow as someone on here was saying. He looked pretty decent today to me.

I couldn't help but laugh when Jobe got absolutely torched in the first quarter. Was not very impressed with him today at all.

Nice post but Jobbed was torched in ALL FOUR QTRS.

Our WR corps next year is going to be sick. Hightower looks like a true alpha WR, and IMHO he contributes immediately, and Pope was behind the DBs all game. Could have had 2 60 yd+ TDs if he wasn't underthrown. With the RB's and TE's coming too, along with Scaife on the line, we shouldn't have any problem scoring.

Our WR corps next year is going to be sick. Hightower looks like a true alpha WR, and IMHO he contributes immediately, and Pope was behind the DBs all game. Could have had 2 60 yd+ TDs if he wasn't underthrown. With the RB's and TE's coming too, along with Scaife on the line, we shouldn't have any problem scoring.
They will be freshmen. Temper expectations. We should win the Coastal. Focus on Clemson.

Advertisement
They will be freshmen. Temper expectations. We should win the Coastal. Focus on Clemson.

E Sands is a wise wise man.

I realize that. But it is a large influx of talent. And we are already in pretty good shape at WR. I just think we will see 3-4 of these young players making significant contribution on our offense next year. Brevin Jordan and Lingard by default because we are so thin at TE and RB respectively, and Hightower and Scaife because they look physically and mentally ready to play right away. We have most of the offense back. I just think the talent in this group make the unit a good bit better.

Advertisement
I know Lingard didn't get many carries but I think him being chosen as the starter says plenty.

Advertisement
I don't root for the Patriots. But they're good. Grow up

Pathetic anology. Nobody on the Pats cut our turf up & made a mockery of us for 3 years.

Lol the Patriots and their cheating ways have been waxing the Dolphins for the past 20 years.

well thats over cuz the giants will be hiring Belichek this year

I saw that report haha I guess we can all dream

If he leaves thats where he will go

Looks like Silvera and Campbell were named two of the top 10 overall performers
Here’s a blurb from 247

Who’s the best defensive tackle prospect in the country? It’s Ohio State signee Taron Vincent, who flashed on game day a couple times, but Miami pledge Nesta Silvera continued to make his case as arguably the most physical player the entire week. Silvera is twitchy and that allows him to be powerful as he consistently pushed offensive linemen around throughout the week. Silvera had two quarterback pressures in the Army Bowl on Saturday, a constant in the backfield during his time in Texas.

Throughout the week we saw all the top cornerbacks shine whether it was Patrick Surtain Jr., Isaac-Taylor-Stuart, Jalen Green, Brendan Radley-Hiles or Kyler McMichael, but the one we liked the best over the course of the week was Tyson Campbell out of Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage. The instincts and the change-of-direction quickness along with the speed and length make Campbell a special prospect. Considering Georgia, Alabama and Miami among others, Campbell led the East with four tackles on game day. Green looks to be in line for a fifth-star as well.

Advertisement
Back