Arkansas State Gameday - Week 3

View as article

Dan E. Dangerously

This board...it's my note
Maude
Miami welcomes Arkansas State today as each team looks to get above .500 for the season. Get hyped.

rWCBPLd.jpg

Something to look forward to today that I missed earlier this week is that there's a certain assistant coach for the Red Wolves roaming the sidelines. Turns out that one Trooper Taylor is now coaching corner backs for Arkansas State. Had I known this he definitely would have been named "person that will **** you off", what with all the annoying towel-waiving he does.

L1El08Y.gif

Don't forget the chest-bumps either.

5e7L4Kf.gif

But mostly it's for the stuff he did as an assistant for Tennessee, particularly the recruitment of Demetrice Morley back in '05. Turns out he had a dust up with Butch Jones last week. Apparently he was talking **** to Tennessee players whenever they came near the ASU sidelines. In sports it's a no-no for a coach to say ANYTHING during a game to the opposing team's players, and Jones made sure to get that point across after the game.

5cAxYQL.jpg

Whatever.

klnopx8.png

Where: Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphins/Dolphin/Land Shark/Sun Life Stadium

Who: Arkansas St. (1-1) vs. Miami Hurricanes (1-1)

When: 3:30 pm/et

How:
SIT00uK.gif

Official message for this game: I mean, come on.

[video=youtube;8c7U5pyKh0E]www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c7U5pyKh0E[/video]

This isn't gonna happen, is it?

Last time they met: November 1, 1997

Grassy was the only place that was around back then. I tried to look up stuff for it on the Internet Archive, but I got nothing. And lol if you were expecting highlights. Oh well. Miami won the game 42-10, and there only 26k people at the Orange Bowl that day. There's also this:

Matt Porter said:
...The Red Wolves, whose only game against UM was a 1997 loss when they were known as the Indians and quarterbacked by future Dolphin Cleo Lemon...

Interdasting.​

Know your enemy: Underdog Dynasty

What they're saying:

Kyle Vos said:
...Like Louisville, ASU will need to efficiently complete passes and stay ahead of the chains on the ground. The latter became a bigger hurdle when it was announced that starting running back Michael Gordon would not be suiting up against Miami. ASU's rushing offense struggled without him against Montana State and was abysmal even with him against Tennessee, with much of its successful ground yardage coming byway of Fredi Knighten scrambles...

Sounds about right.

SwZnS.png
Miami Notes

1. Thurston Armbrister can football.
2. Braxton Berrios is impressing early on.
3. Donna Shalala announced she will be stepping down.

GPIWEz0.gif

MExgNg5.png
Arkansas State Notes

1. The Red Wolves are 0-2 all time against the ACC, and other nuggets.

2. It's important for Arkansas State to get the ball to McKissic.
3. ASU tried to honor some people who died and apparently that's a bad thing.

wCyXC3n.jpg

The horror...

Favorite Arkansas St. related Image, Photoshop, Video or Gif:

BY1k9xY.png

These 2 should always stand next to each other. Christmas Vacation >>>>>>>>>>> every other Christmas movie.

SwZnS.png
Miami Roster Stuff

Two-deep depth chart (never released one)

Miami Injuries
DatePosPlayerInjuryStatus
09/12/14DEAl-Quadin MuhammadSuspensionOut For Season
09/10/14WRStacy ColeyShoulderOut
09/08/14LBDenzel PerrymanShoulderProbable
09/07/14QBKevin OlsenSuspension ServedProbable
09/05/14QBRyan WilliamsKneeOut Indefinitely
08/15/14WRRashawn ScottShoulderOut Indefinitely
08/14/14DBRayshawn JenkinsBackOut For Season

MExgNg5.png
Arkansas St. Roster Stuff

Two-deep depth chart (couldn't find one)

Arkansas State Injuries
DatePosPlayerInjuryStatus
09/12/14WRJ.D. McKissicShoulderProbable
09/11/14RBMichael GordonRibsOut
09/10/14SSChris HumesBicepOut Indefinitely
09/10/14OTDaniel KeithAnkleOut Indefinitely
09/10/14DEJonah HillKneeOut For Season
09/10/14LBQushaun LeeRibsQuestionable
09/07/14DBFrankie JacksonSuspensionQuestionable
09/02/14TEKenneth RainsKneeOut Indefinitely

Game Day Character:

Ottway said:
Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day.

GGpZiWO.jpg

[video=youtube;B9hnYXb9y9I]www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9hnYXb9y9I[/video]

Allons-y

Advertisement
Clark...........Griswold..................Priceless!

Props to whomever took that screen shot.

Advertisement
As a new member on this site I really enjoyed reading your write up and look forward to reading more of them in the future.

Good read. Since I'm still reeling from seeing King Crimson blow Philly away last night I'll leave you with this one. Seems to capture the mood of many a Hurricane fan these days.

The Great Deceiver

Health-food ****** with a bartered bride
Likes to comb his hair with a dipper ride
Once had a friend with a cloven foot
Once he called the tune in a chequered quit

Great Deceiver

In the door on the floor in a paper bag
There's a shoe-shine boy with a gin-shop slag
She raised him up and she called him son
And she canonised the ground that he walked upon

Great Deceiver

Cigarettes, ice cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary

Cigarettes, ice cream, cadillacs blue jeans

In the night he's a star in the Milky Way
He's a man of the world by the light of day
A golden smile and a proposition
And the breath of God smells of sweet sedition

Great Deceiver

Sing hymns make love get high fall dead
He'll bring his perfume to your bed
He'll charm your life 'til the cold winds blow
Then he'll sell your dreams to a picture show

Cadillacs, blue jeans, dixieland playing on the ferry
Cadillacs, blues jeans, drop a glass full of antique sherry

Your write ups are becoming the highlights of game day...not sure how I feel about that.

Dan's got a great template. Sadly, it'll soon be duplicated by many....Shame he couldn't patent his....The more you know and gameday templates. Perhaps he can...You on that Dan?

Advertisement
Didn't know that Jonah Hill Played for ASU. 09/10/14 DE Jonah Hill Knee Out For Season He was the ish in "Money Ball"!

Really enjoy these reports. That Sebastian-Shalala gif is one of my all-time favorites. lol
We have no business losing to Arkansas State! Let's go Canes!

Last edited:
Advertisement
One worthless trivia bit on Cleo Lemon. He took a hit to the knee out-of-bounds against Idaho, his back-up a former pitcher in the Blue Jays organization came up short of the win in that game (ball was marked no more than two inches from the goalline on the final play of the game.

Our team doctor at the time said the injury was a sprain, probably said rub some dirt on it. When Cleo went to the combine turned out he needed knee surgery and but for NFL Europe giving him a spot after he rehabbed his knee, the Dolphins could have had an even worse back-up QB.

I liked Cleo, we pulled his red-shirt in the 4th game of his freshman season and he set the record for taking the most sacks and then topped it the next year. Those were some awful years.

Miami 28
Arkansas st. 17

Kaaya 2 Td's
Yearby & Johnson a touchdown a piece

Nebraska game will be Kaaya's coming out party as he gains confidence, and they open the offense up COMPLETELY for primetime next week.

Advertisement
Miami 28
Arkansas st. 17

Kaaya 2 Td's
Yearby & Johnson a touchdown a piece

Nebraska game will be Kaaya's coming out party as he gains confidence, and they open the offense up COMPLETELY for primetime next week.

I'm just hoping kaaya even shows something slightly positive at this point. he's been horrific thus far (yes i know coley and the OL), but he's playing well like a true freshman should. I'm hoping williams will be ready come nebraska to be honest.

Advertisement
Back