Ark St Fake Punt

Advertisement
I was just about to post that. The guy who Thurston is lined up over, apparently pretends to have a heart attack. I completely missed that during the game. WTF?

Advertisement
dead2.0.gif

I cant help but laugh every time I watch it. Its gotta be the funniest thing Ive seen in a college football game in awhile with the one exception being the two Gator players blocking each other :RK5I6FxwJLgEV5J6.jp

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wow. I missed it at the stadium. I'm always suspicious when a team punts from plus 40 range, especially a team that otherwise should be freewheeling it. I watched the pass and was yelling for us to drop it, never noticing that anything strange took place. I still have the game on tape so I'll take a look tomorrow.

Advertisement
Is this right? You football experts need to check this out.

If you're curious, there is an actual explanation for what happens here -- the WR who falls over is "covered" by the receiver below him on the line of scrimmage, making him an ineligible receiver. The WR going in motion uncovers the left tackle, allowing him to go downfield and receive the pass, which is the trick here: It's a tackle-eligible play, which you can read about here. Technically, the WR who falls over is the right tackle on the play is the right tackle, and if he ran downfield, the team would get penalized. But he could've done something more relevant than playing dead.

Advertisement
Back