Arik Armstead ain't playin around

With the Lupoi news breaking nationally, it will be interesting to see what happens to Cal's class. They already lost one sure commit.

Advertisement
Cal's DL coach is a big-time recruiter. I've met him a few times; really personable, likable guy.

I think Cal stands to gain from USC's probation a lot more than UCLA.

This has nothing to do with USC's Probation or Scholarship limitations

Arik's older brother has been at USC for 4 years. Last year, during Spring Football, something happened where he was rushed to the hospital with heart pains.

It was not life threatening, but so far, the USC doctors, or the USC Lawyers, have refused to release Mondo to play football.

The family has had a real problem with the way USC has handled it, so Arik DE-commited.

Now, Notre Dame has also refused to clear him (Armond), so he is back at USC, taking classes

I can see Arik not signing a LOI at all. Just showing up and signing his scholarship papers.

The other issue us that USC sees him as the heir apparent to Matt Kalil at LT, and Arik insists on playing D Line.

USC has ALWAYS had room for Arik. ALWAYS

No, they don't and haven't for a long time- the Regents (controversially at the time) decided to stop using race as a criteria for admission when Wilson was Governor in the 90's. As you all know, it is a prestigious school, but I agree with you on part of your criticism, roll- way too many "lecturers" teaching and not enough actual faculty for my tastes. Beautiful campus, but the City of Berkeley is a dump.

Berkley undergrad is overhyped.
Not out here it isn't. It is a very highly regarded degree on the west coast.

Don't they do affirmative action?

Advertisement
Another item of note: The balance of power in Cali High school is currently all in the southern section (greater LA basin). Bay area HS football is really not anything special these days. The ball in socal is WAY better and much more competitive these days.

Quite frankly I blame De La Salle. They've single handedly destroyed norcal HS football. ****, even the other large, private school programs in the bay area (Bellermine, Mitty, Serra & St. Francis) have all backed out of playing against DLS on an annual basis. Since there is no playoff in CA football, this decision makes sense to them. For HS football fans it sucks.

???? I would argue recently the best teams have all been NorCal. Folsom, DLS and Grant

Oh and IMO Arik is much better DL prospect than OL prospect

Last edited:
Another item of note: The balance of power in Cali High school is currently all in the southern section (greater LA basin). Bay area HS football is really not anything special these days. The ball in socal is WAY better and much more competitive these days.

Quite frankly I blame De La Salle. They've single handedly destroyed norcal HS football. ****, even the other large, private school programs in the bay area (Bellermine, Mitty, Serra & St. Francis) have all backed out of playing against DLS on an annual basis. Since there is no playoff in CA football, this decision makes sense to them. For HS football fans it sucks.

???? I would argue recently the best teams have all been NorCal. Folsom, DLS and Grant

Oh and IMO Arik is much better DL prospect than OL prospect

Very few people agree with you. Most see him as a future top 10 pick at LT. Kid just doesn't like playing O-Line and wants to play D Line like his brother.

Advertisement
Back