Arguably the play of the game

Advertisement
Good eye, OP. This play will definitely be highlighted in my review.

It's not that the receiver dropped it, either. Michael Jackson straight stole that ball from him.

This was a game where we could probably walk through every single play and talk about it being a difference in the game one way or the other because it was so close. I was about to lose my damned mind that we kept stopping our feet in the first quarter on that pitch play. You have to get into the gap, stop the pitch, then re-trace. You actually saw us doing that later in the game.

Our coaching staff isn't perfect- no staff is- but what makes me so excited for the future is that you can see the improvements not only from game-to-game, but also quarter-to-quarter. This team isn't talented enough yet to simply show up and win, but the talent is pretty good.

From my initial reaction, this was the best game GT has played this year by far. They made very few mistakes, they never fumbled the pitch or exchange, made good throws when they did, escaped free rushers, broke tackles, played hard at all times. They were also gifted a TD on the onsides kick.

We took their best game. Their A+ effort, without six starters, and still won the game.

Badgley was MVP for the game I think.

Play of the game for me was when Badgley put it right down the middle for the win.

Sorry he exacuted the worst onside kick I have ever seen a Cane do so he can't be player of the game. He is a great kicker though.

He really didn't. It wasn't good because he kicked it short, which is one of the things you can't do there (the other is kick it straight out of bounds), but that ball is live and Berrios has to know that and just jump on it. He didn't, and GT scored. Berrios really screwed up on that play.

Advertisement
Back