Are we too late?

Bird4um

Sophomore
Premium
What’s the avg. amount of coaches fired each year?

Are there better programs ahead of us needing a coach?

Where will we be in the pecking order?

And please tell me possible coaches have been contacted already.

Advertisement

Nah, we’re fine, we just have to start moving quickly with James before manny.

No I don't think so But I wouldn't wait until the end of the season to make an announcement. Make it known now that this job is open and Fire Blake so competent coaches no they don't have to work with that snake.

Advertisement
And doesn’t the SEC open up here soon? Saban can’t last another 4 years.

This may be the first time UM will have a coach interviewing them. How much is the AD and President is committed to winning, how much support I will have to compete with the big boys, etc… You need someone competent to answer those questions. You need to have a plan of that already in place. A bunch of “well we are trying,” “what we can try is,” etc. will have UM hiring Lashlee as the next HC

Last edited:
A competent AD wouldn't give a **** about what other schools are doing, because he would have his list and secondary options available. He would also have reached out to potential hires by now and started gauging interest. Blake James isn't competent, so this hiring process will look like crap, if he's allowed anywhere near said process.

Advertisement

Are we too late? No, not if they are going to go forward with Blake as the AD. If they aren't going to go with Blake, they should have fired him a month ago.
If they fire Blake tomorrow, you have to schedule appointments with AD candidates, interview them, and make a hire. This would take a week at least. So, on the week of Thanksgiving, the new AD would have to try and make an assessment of the athletic department, come up with a list of hires that would be a good fit here (it is not the common college job here), and aim to interview and make a hire in the immediate week after rivalry weekend? A very tall task to get done in such a short span of time and frankly, I don't want anymore rushed hires a la Diaz.

Avg amount of coaches fired each year - my guess would be about 5-10 Power 5 jobs open each year.

Miami's place in the pecking order: At best 3rd, behind USC and LSU. Possibly 4th in some eyes if VT opens up.

Possible coaches have not been contacted more than likely.

Advertisement
Back