Are we the most well conditioned team in country?

iLoveTDs

Junior
Banned
We aren't the strongest, but in terms of pure stamina I think we are top 5 most conditioned.

We have the So Fla heat/humidity year round. I've noticed very few muscle cramps, and we destroy teams in the 4th once they are physically and emotionally spent.

I would like to see our OL increase their raw power #'s. I just won't accept that we are last in the country on 3rd/4th and 2 with this talent.

Advertisement
We are pretty **** close. We don't get pushed around or exhausted. Thats a win in my book .

That's why we didn't try to milk clock today or against Syracuse. Richt knew that their defenses were gassed and just wanted to get back on the plane, so he took it to them with more points.

I think we are one of them. But also with out team we seem to not allow negative plays or the wild swings in the game to drain us emotionally and allow the big plays to reallly juice is up.

Advertisement
All the players we rotate doesn't hurt. You get towards December and we have backups who have not only played but have contributed all year, it is easy to see why we pull away late. It seems like CMR @ UM is that guy who gets a new lease on life and starts doing all the things he said he wanted to but never did. This is a championship caliber team that is battle tested, next week is another brand new challenge.

Right before halftime, TV cameras were showing uva oline upclose and they looked gazed, then they showed our guys, still looking fresh, like business as usual. At that point, I knew we were coming back, no way that oline could protect the QB for that long.

I’m sure that’s part of it as well as the numbers we rotate, especially on defense.

Cmon, we couldn’t milk the clock with 6 mins left. I’m sure if we could, we would have. There was way too much time to come out and run the ball.

We are pretty good as far as stamina but we play so many guys I think everyone stays fresh throughout the game. It helps we have the depth and will get even better over the next couple years.

Advertisement
It's awesome. The best of the bunch may be homer. The guy gets 15-20 carries, plays on offense most of the game, covers kickoffs and punts. Then late in the game hes breaking tackles and busting big runs looking like he just got off the bus. His conditioning must be phenomenal.

this is a team full of Kenyan marathoners...

Old-school 15 round prizefighters.....

the finishing kick of prime Edwin Moses....

Its impressive how they finish games and take control of the 4th quarters. Really gives meaning to 'the four fingers' they put up

We definitely have the most well conditioned starting RB in the country. Homer ran stronger in the 4th for sure.

Advertisement
We rotate a lot of f'in players overall and have the deepest DL I've seen all year. So, that helps.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back