Are we losing Dunning?

bmorecane

Sophomore
image.jpg

Advertisement
I feel like the Miller kid is much better and already proven he's a good ILB. Not knocking dunning but you guys are going on little film and think he will be a good ILB

Advertisement
If he balls out his senior season, a new offer from UM may appear. Trust the coaches on their evaluations. Golden was just adding warm bodies to make it look like he was doing his job.

I trust the staff decisions on who they extend offers to. I think they going for LB'ers that are more faster and athletic than Dunning appears. There are obviously several better LB'ers than Dunning in- Wilder, F'agan, Miller and Steed. Think I'm missing 1 other too. I know there is no guarantee we land them all, but the staff obviously has other prospects in mind.

Advertisement
We're in a really great position at LB. We got 3 monsters last year and there are several monsters this year. We can afford to only be pursuing the really elite kids that have all the traits we like. Steed's a beast and obviously Wilder is too. I don't think you take anyone over those two, and then you got guys like Houston, Miller, etc..... I can see why the staff would be extremely picky here. I'll be bummed if we don't have the best group of linebackers in the country in 3 years. The pieces are out there for us in addition to the 3 we just got.

We're in a really great position at LB. We got 3 monsters last year and there are several monsters this year. We can afford to only be pursuing the really elite kids that have all the traits we like. Steed's a beast and obviously Wilder is too. I don't think you take anyone over those two, and then you got guys like Houston, Miller, etc..... I can see why the staff would be extremely picky here. I'll be bummed if we don't have the best group of linebackers in the country in 3 years. The pieces are out there for us in addition to the 3 we just got.

Another LB to look out for...

Bradenton IMG Academy star Santino Marchiol became one of the top linebackers in the Sunshine State as soon as he decided to make the move from a suburb of Denver, Colorado.
Marchiol (pronounced Mar-kee-yaul) was a big target for the previous staff under Al Golden and that has only intensified following Mark Richt's arrival.

"I hear from them almost every day and I talk to multiple coaches on their staff," Marchiol said. "I'm excited to see Coach Richt at their junior day on February 20th. He seems like a great football mind and a great person to be around. I actually met him on a visit to Georgia and I really enjoyed that. I think he can get Miami back on track where they need to be."

Marchiol (6-2, 224) is obviously a fan of the staff but he would probably be interested in the Hurricanes regardless of who was steering the ship in Coral Gables.

"They've been a good program that treated me well so I always liked Miami," Marchiol said. "I've been going down there for these football camps ever since I was seven or eight years old. I fell in love with the atmosphere and I have a few friends who play on their baseball team. They just signed some great guys this year, Sam Bruce is a terrific receiver. They're building a good thing and I wouldn't be surprised if they're in the running for it this coming season."

Marchiol has around thirty offers and he's about as well traveled as a flight attendant. He said he visited nearly every program in the SEC and ACC along with seeing multiple programs in each of the other major conferences.

"The exposure is great and the amount of offers I have is fantastic," Marchiol said. "I don't have an official list yet but some of my early top schools are Stanford, Miami, Ohio State, LSU, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Nebraska, Florida, and Florida State. We'll take a number of recruiting visits as a team at different times. Everybody gets on a bus together and checks out schools so that seems pretty cool."

Marchiol is getting settled in Florida after he decided that's where he would get the best opportunity to grow. He recorded 129 tackles, 12 for loss, 3.5 sacks, 2 interceptions, and 7 pass breakups this past season.

"I looked at pictures my freshman year and it seemed like an unreal dream to go here," Marchiol said. "When they gave me a full scholarship to come down, it was real. I love the coaches and this is the best place to get prepared for the next level. I visited before with my family and it was amazing in so many aspects. I'm glad I made the move and the talent is way better than back home. We play a big-time schedule against other top teams across the country."

The Ascenders are loaded with enough superstars that it's hard not to be envious. Over the past couple years, they've exported more talent per class than a lot of college programs land.

"It's a bunch of athletes competing and working together towards one goal," Marchiol said. "We're all focused and motivated to get things accomplished. To be around this many great players, I mean we're all among the best at what we do. We go at it so hard here that we're ready to prove it on the national stage."

Marchiol is a four star prospect according to the 247Sports Composite, ranking him 17th in the nation at his position and 33rd overall in the state of Florida.

Santino Marchiol, IMG Academy, Outside Linebacker

Runs a 4.53
[HUDL]athlete/4569732/highlights/325177423[/HUDL]

Last edited:
Answer to the question is yes, but it looks like we are dropping him so look for him to decommit soon.

Advertisement
2017 LB Santino Marchiol was the kid that had a football field with artificial turf built in his backyard.
He recorded 129 tackles, 12 for loss, 3.5 sacks, 2 interceptions, and 7 pass breakups this past season.
stats like that don't lie the young man is a football player, but lets see how he performs at IMG Academy now with a huge step up in competition compared to what previously faced.

[video=youtube;qtvyI1QF3dg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtvyI1QF3dg[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
I swear, everyone keeps freaking out in all these different links. We just finished signing day 2016. Let's watch over these next couple months and see what the staff thinks before we start panicking! Let the new staff do their jobs.

2017 LB Santino Marchiol was the kid that had a football field with artificial turf built in his backyard.
He recorded 129 tackles, 12 for loss, 3.5 sacks, 2 interceptions, and 7 pass breakups this past season.
stats like that don't lie the young man is a football player, but lets see how he performs at IMG Academy now with a huge step up in competition compared to what previously faced.

[video=youtube;qtvyI1QF3dg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtvyI1QF3dg[/video]

Dude has a football field in his back yard... sure, why not.

Don't like this at all.

Kid can ball. Not sure why Richt isn't high on him.

If you can't beat out two white kids for a starting job at STA than you shouldn't be looking at Miami as an option. Even at Dillard, the kid was playing at DE....

You put your best and nastiest players as close to the LOS as possible...He was also bigger than most of the LB's there and had playing experience on the DL...Injury bug hit and they went for his experience and put him on the DLine...At no point does any of that infer his position was changed because he wasn't good enough to start at LB.

Don't like this at all.

Kid can ball. Not sure why Richt isn't high on him.

If you can't beat out two white kids for a starting job at STA than you shouldn't be looking at Miami as an option. Even at Dillard, the kid was playing at DE....

You put your best and nastiest players as close to the LOS as possible...He was also bigger than most of the LB's there and had playing experience on the DL...Injury bug hit and they went for his experience and put him on the DLine...At no point does any of that infer his position was changed because he wasn't good enough to start at LB.

He played nose the entire year. It's not like he moved after week 4. Not a bad kid or player but not miami caliber.

Advertisement
Back