Are we going to bring in an AD with a HC already decided?

Jurich is not going to come here for peanuts? His salary at Louisville was 2.76 million. Blake was making less than a million. I seriously doubt he will come if he has no say hiring new coach either.

Advertisement
I'm saying the BOT is going to hire Mario and tell the AD that's how it's going to be. Fvck that.
No disrespect - I legit can't tell if you're serious or trying to be funny.

No respectable AD would stand for that. And Mario would never agree to work for a program whose AD has been castrated before he even showed up.

That's not how this works.

And you're assuming Mario is ready to come to the U - even though he's a couple of wins away from being in the CFP.

So an AD is gonna sit around with a thumb up his *** waiting for the playoffs to finish to HOPEFULLY hire Mario?

And by the way - I'M ALL FOR MARIO. But dude, that's not how this works....

Reason #1037568 why Miami delaying Blake's ******* inevitable firing was the wrong decision. Let's say for argument's sake that Miami does have the $30M necessary to fire Manny and staff, buy out Mario and staff, and reward him with a competitive salary. Are we going to be interviewing AD candidates with the HC hire already decided?

I don't want that. I don't want our clueless, lazy BOT and former players the ones deciding who our HC is. I want the AD and the people he brings into the Hecht with him making the hire. Or else what's the ******* point?!?!?!
Bring in Brian White, very good AD @FAU, has connection to Lane, besides the fact he’s been good. He’s every bit as good as his brother Danny(UCF AND Tennesse) ready for the next level. AD will decide who the next coach is, and his relationship with Kiffen is undeniable. Hire this mfer. NOW

In reality if Miami can bring in Mario, the AD will look like a genius on the national stage without doing any work. If Mario fails the AD can look at the BOT and legit say that’s not on me. Kinda win/win in my eyes.

No disrespect - I legit can't tell if you're serious or trying to be funny.

No respectable AD would stand for that. And Mario would never agree to work for a program whose AD has been castrated before he even showed up.

That's not how this works.

And you're assuming Mario is ready to come to the U - even though he's a couple of wins away from being in the CFP.

So an AD is gonna sit around with a thumb up his *** waiting for the playoffs to finish to HOPEFULLY hire Mario?

And by the way - I'M ALL FOR MARIO. But dude, that's not how this works....
Have you been on here for the past 3 months? All our insiders say that the school is prepared to go all in on Mario and that Mario may be receptive. How would we be doing that if we knew Blake would be getting fired and don't know who our next AD is?

The BOT is gunning for Mario and if Mario accepts it looks like the school will pull the trigger. That's my point.

Advertisement
how can anyone on this board possibly know the answer to that question. let's hope not but we'll have to see

Have you been on here for the past 3 months? All our insiders say that the school is prepared to go all in on Mario and that Mario may be receptive. How would we be doing that if we knew Blake would be getting fired and don't know who our next AD is?

The BOT is gunning for Mario and if Mario accepts it looks like the school will pull the trigger. That's my point.
Yes I've been here. Regular lurker but infrequent poster.

Again, I'm all for Mario. He's a no-brainer.

My only point is that the premise is built on a very flimsy foundation IMO:

1) Mario is not a done deal (he's in the midst of a a Natty Run and win or lose, Nike can pay him generational $$$ if they decide they want him)
2) No self-respecting AD is going to come here if they are forced to accept the BOT's "wishful thinking" HC hire (which is what Mario is until the CFP is done unless Oregon loses first)

So if you've put all your eggs on Mario and a castrated AD whose forced to accept that, what's your Plan B for an AD and HC if Mario accepts a $10M / year paycheck from Oregon? Because Nike has more money than the SEC and they'd happily pay it to keep the HC who brought them their first Natty.

2) No self-respecting AD is going to come here if they are forced to accept the BOT's "wishful thinking" HC hire (which is what Mario is until the CFP is done unless Oregon loses first)
Hence the whole point of my post. If you don't think the BOT could interfere and muck things up with a potential AD then I don't know what to tell you.

It’s been too many weekends that everyone has been hinting these moves were being made.
The same person that told me that a bunch of dudes were going to come in the portal before the season started hinted the same “moves being made”thing to me so I took it as more sunshine bs.
Hence my continued posting about nothing happening.

He did say (and I don’t believe him and to a point still don’t) that the moves being made are huge and the planning more in advanced than most people think or know.
We will see.
Maybe I’ve been a fan for too long and have some engrained sense of what the program has actually meant to those that are in power. And maybe I’ve lost faith that the school will decide to treat football the same way other schools that actually care do.

That’s the reason why I’m not in full celebration mode right now. Too much still to be done and likely too late to fill a meaningful recruiting class this year and that’s a **** shame.

Advertisement
Yes I've been here. Regular lurker but infrequent poster.

Again, I'm all for Mario. He's a no-brainer.

My only point is that the premise is built on a very flimsy foundation IMO:

1) Mario is not a done deal (he's in the midst of a a Natty Run and win or lose, Nike can pay him generational $$$ if they decide they want him)

So if you've put all your eggs on Mario and a castrated AD whose forced to accept that, what's your Plan B for an AD and HC if Mario accepts a $10M / year paycheck from Oregon? Because Nike has more money than the SEC and they'd happily pay it to keep the HC who brought them their first Natty.

Don't get me wrong, if he sweeps next 3 (he's an underdog this week)...He's in the 4...But he's not winning a natty.

If they hire a coach before the AD, the AD will be worthless.
Agreed. So, I guess the new AD has to be on board with Mario being plan A but then the new AD would also need to have or be working on Plan B, C and D if Mario says no. That's the only way I see it working from a timeline perspective.

Spend the money that you would on Mario on a real AD so that you guarantee you get someone of Jurich's stature.

When the entire Athletic Department needs to be rebuilt I prioritize the AD hire 100x more than the HC hire.
So you want to spend 6-8 million on an AD?!?! That would make him by far and away the highest paid AD, EVER!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back