Are we going to bring in an AD with a HC already decided?

streetja

UM HC: Miami Natives Only 😎
Reason #1037568 why Miami delaying Blake's ******* inevitable firing was the wrong decision. Let's say for argument's sake that Miami does have the $30M necessary to fire Manny and staff, buy out Mario and staff, and reward him with a competitive salary. Are we going to be interviewing AD candidates with the HC hire already decided?

I don't want that. I don't want our clueless, lazy BOT and former players the ones deciding who our HC is. I want the AD and the people he brings into the Hecht with him making the hire. Or else what's the ******* point?!?!?!

Advertisement
I hope not unless the new AD was apart of the process. I want the new AD to bring in "his guy" and not someone that was forced on him

I hope not unless the new AD was apart of the process. I want the new AD to bring in "his guy" and not someone that was forced on him
But bring Mario home bro.

Imagine how many potential ADs we'll scare away this search if we tell him who his first hire is going to be. Classic Miami incompetence at its finest.

Advertisement
Spend the money that you would on Mario on a real AD so that you guarantee you get someone of Jurich's stature.

When the entire Athletic Department needs to be rebuilt I prioritize the AD hire 100x more than the HC hire.
Absolutely, we’re in agreement.

The problem is the Columbus High Mafia is really high on Mario. Why would Jurich come here if we’re going to take the HC hire right out of his hands?

Advertisement
Spend the money that you would on Mario on a real AD so that you guarantee you get someone of Jurich's stature.

When the entire Athletic Department needs to be rebuilt I prioritize the AD hire 100x more than the HC hire.
So you're basically saying that we should hire an AD who has already decided that Mario is the ONLY guy? Why bother with an AD? Or am I misinterpreting you?

So you're basically saying that we should hire an AD who has already decided that Mario is the ONLY guy? Why bother with an AD? Or am I misinterpreting you?
I'm saying the BOT is going to hire Mario and tell the AD that's how it's going to be. Fvck that.

I was hoping they will do it right this time around.
This could be a messed up situation and if happens, will be fitting for this university. Let's choose a football coach and let him chose his AD. Brilliant.

Advertisement
If the BOT and the president are cutting the checks, like they say, the coach is more important than the AD.
Then let the AD decide who he's going to cut a check on. Not this bullshyt Cuban Manifest Destiny that the BOT decided we HAVE to bring Mario home.

Just sharing..

1637022373499.png

Advertisement
Reason #1037568 why Miami delaying Blake's ******* inevitable firing was the wrong decision. Let's say for argument's sake that Miami does have the $30M necessary to fire Manny and staff, buy out Mario and staff, and reward him with a competitive salary. Are we going to be interviewing AD candidates with the HC hire already decided?

I don't want that. I don't want our clueless, lazy BOT and former players the ones deciding who our HC is. I want the AD and the people he brings into the Hecht with him making the hire. Or else what's the ******* point?!?!?!
IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT U WANT! In my Stone Cold voice! It’s Mario wit a sprinkle of Highsmith the head of FB operations for a lil razzle dazzle on top. Right @SWFLHurricane ?

DISASTER written all over it.

1) Hire AD
2) AD hires his Baseball, Basketball, Football, Interpretive Dance Team HCs
3) Evaluate what goes right/wrong, repeat step 2 until BOT repeats step 1

That would be another Blake James. Another Beta AD. Good luck then.
I disagree. I am sure he would want to bring in his guy/hire. But there is a benefit to starting your career with a top 10 coach. How many times will the AD get to hire all of his coaches his 1st year? It's rare if it ever happens.

Advertisement
Back