Sophomore
2018:
Walton (He gone)
Lingard
Davis
Homer
Burns (Can't count on him, apparently.)
Gray (Who knows?)

Plus: No guarantee Lingard-Davis won't decommit.

Do we have enough?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don't think a quality RB will want to,come here as a third option in 2018. 2019 is a different story...must get Cain

We need to land Noah Cain and Nayquan Wright next year. If we can make it through this year by taking a grad transfer or using Deejay/Berrios in emergencies then we'll be in better shape. Taking 3 HS RB's isn't ideal....but if we had to and could everyone committed I like Currys game to compliment Lingard and Davis.

5 is enough.
Lingard
Davis
Homer
Gray
Burns

2 in this class(already done)
2 in the next class( naquan wright,Kenny McIntosh who might be a safety or Noah Cain)
Elite talent only.

5 is enough.
Lingard
Davis
Homer
Gray
Burns

2 in the next class( naquan wright,Kenny McIntosh who might be a safety or Noah Cain)
Elite talent only.

I think that 5-6 on roster is probably ideal. I do not think the 5 you have listed are enough though.

Homer
Lingard
Davis
Those are a great start. What has Gray shown that indicates he could help us win? And Burns, all the injury jokes . . . His career isn't off to a great start. Would it shock anyone if he ended up on the medical hardship where he stays on ship, doesn't count against 85, and is done with football forever?

But there doesn't appear to be room in this class for another rb. Not sure Id want 3 in a class anyways!

And if Homer balls out this year, next year could be his last as well.

Advertisement
I wouldn't count burns in the numbers , he's never been healthy. Gray is coming off an injury and hasn't shown anything either. I'd take a third back to just keep what's happening this year to not happen again.

5 is enough.
Lingard
Davis
Homer
Gray
Burns

Elite talent only.

I think that 5-6 on roster is probably ideal. I do not think the 5 you have listed are enough though.

Homer
Lingard
Davis
Those are a great start. What has Gray shown that indicates he could help us win? And Burns, all the injury jokes . . . His career isn't off to a great start. Would it shock anyone if he ended up on the medical hardship where he stays on ship, doesn't count against 85, and is done with football forever?

But there doesn't appear to be room in this class for another rb. Not sure Id want 3 in a class anyways!

If you're recruiting really well at the RB position it's a necessity these days to allocate room for 6RB's, there are so many early departures at the position since the NFL just uses them up 2-3 years and spits them out. I don't see to many 4 year backs at miami in the future.

5 is enough.
Lingard
Davis
Homer
Gray
Burns

Elite talent only.

Homer
Lingard
Davis

If you're recruiting really well at the RB position it's a necessity these days to allocate room for 6RB's, there are so many early departures at the position since the NFL just uses them up 2-3 years and spits them out. I don't see to many 4 year backs at miami in the future.

Exactly. You always have to prepare for injuries , transfers and guys getting dismissed.

Miami 2018 TH Chris Curry waiting in the weeds for a commitable offer which would give UM a power back for the 2018 class.

[video=youtube_share;FeJoymuCmNA]https://youtu.be/FeJoymuCmNA[/video]

Advertisement
2018:
Walton (He gone)
Lingard
Davis
Homer
Gray (Who knows?)

Do we have enough?

Blasphemy! How dare you speak the ambassador's name and decommit in the same sentence.

For real though, I love Curry's game. Wish we had the room but with two elite backs in 2018 already committed and other holes to fill I doubt we have the room. If he somehow finds his way into this class I wouldn't be the least bit upset.

If for any other reason I heard a gator talking a few weeks ago about getting Curry and just to see more tears it'd be worth it. **** maybe we can start getting kids to come here an grey shirt rather than go to UF, like Baga does.

Mark Walton Likely going to the NFL.
Trayone Gray graduates after this year (RSJR), so he'll likely be gone.

JR: Homer
SO: Burns
FR: Lingard & Davis
2019: Cain and Wright, And potentially sign Kenny McIntosh and Mark-Anthony Richards to play other positions.

3 RBs is too many in one class, especially when we need a lot of other positions and we cant go too far over 25 this yr.
Ideally, you want to sign 3 RBs every 2 years. But we need 4 from 2018 and 2019.

2018:
Walton (He gone)
Lingard
Davis
Homer
Gray (Who knows?)

Do we have enough?

I don't understand the down votes? Just a normal conversation starter and question.

2018:
Walton (He gone)
Lingard
Davis
Homer
Gray (Who knows?)

Do we have enough?

I don't understand the down votes? Just a normal conversation starter and question.

People are pricks . . . I wouldnt even worry about it . . . As for me I can say that zero ***** are given with up/down votes!

Advertisement
2018:
Walton (He gone)
Lingard
Davis
Homer
Gray (Who knows?)

Do we have enough?

B/c the OP hinted at Lingard potentially or possibly decommiting in the future. What WOULD cause a player like Davis to decommit is getting another RB.

It's important that this staff's word is bond. They were upfront in telling recruits they were only going to take two backs this cycle, and swung for the fences on the two backs they wanted. They are trying to change the culture of recruiting by being honest, and sticking to their word. Yes, we got burned by some bytch made ninja last cycle, but that was not due to us not keeping our word to him...which is y I shall refer to the aforementioned RB as bytch made. They feel their honesty, plus winning, will lead to locking up any recruit they want. So therefore, although the OP asked a legitimate question, it's an illegitimate thread b/c of this staff's of philosophy.

If Burns proves he can't actually play take Johnny Ford from Coral Gables late in the process

Or just ride it out and take 2 in 19

2018:
Walton (He gone)
Lingard
Davis
Homer
Gray (Who knows?)

Do we have enough?

B/c the OP hinted at Lingard potentially or possibly decommiting in the future. What WOULD cause a player like Davis to decommit is getting another RB.

It's important that this staff's word is bond. They were upfront in telling recruits they were only going to take two backs this cycle, and swung for the fences on the two backs they wanted. They are trying to change the culture of recruiting by being honest, and sticking to their word. Yes, we got burned by some bytch made ninja last cycle, but that was not due to us not keeping our word to him...which is y I shall refer to the aforementioned RB as bytch made. They feel their honesty, plus winning, will lead to locking up any recruit they want. So therefore, although the OP asked a legitimate question, it's an illegitimate thread b/c of this staff's of philosophy.

I see your point but is it a stated fact that Richt promised we were only taking two? Could we potentially recruit an athlete that is good enough to run the ball in an emergency? The answers to these questions are not known to me and probably the OP as well which is why I think it's a valid question/post.

Advertisement
2018:
Walton (He gone)
Lingard
Davis
Homer
Gray (Who knows?)

Do we have enough?

I see your point but is it a stated fact that Richt promised we were only taking two? Could we potentially recruit an athlete that is good enough to run the ball in an emergency? The answers to these questions are not known to me and probably the OP as well which is why I think it's a valid question/post.

I believe in another thread, when Davis committed, it was mentioned there that Davis already knew we were taking 2 rbs this cycle and he made sure he locked up his spot. However, I think the coaches most likely have a big board w some back up plans. I don't feel they will be left hanging, again, like last season. But imo, I truly feel the RB, and WR positions are the most secured regarding potential decommits. It's the DBs that I would be most concern w. I feel Walton and Richards have solidified the notion that young guys will feast at both respective positions. Regardless, our class will stay in tact IF we win. If we go through another losing streak like we did last year, expect some major decommits.

I wouldn't count burns in the numbers , he's never been healthy. Gray is coming off an injury and hasn't shown anything either. I'd take a third back to just keep what's happening this year to not happen again.

I think taking 3 RB's this year actually increases the chance something like this happens again.

Miami 2018 TH Chris Curry waiting in the weeds for a commitable offer which would give UM a power back for the 2018 class.

[video=youtube_share;FeJoymuCmNA]https://youtu.be/FeJoymuCmNA[/video]

That WR on his team on a few of those long runs is fast as.....

Advertisement
Back