Are we doing more upgrades for the football facilities?

Miami definitely needed the dorms. PLENTY of schools had better dorms than Miami but they won’t after the latest upgrade . Plus sun life stadium is a great place to play in so it’s not really an issue anymore with the latest upgrades

there is nothing that could be built w limited funds that would top HRS. idk why people keep bithcing about this. HRS is an amazing facility after the recent upgrades.

Advertisement
you posted a pic of baylors stadium with the caption: the money spent on dorms could've bought us this. dont act dumb.
I know what I posted, it's still there for everyone to see. I said show me where I said build an on campus stadium. Don't be dumb.

I know what I posted, it's still there for everyone to see. I said show me where I said build an on campus stadium. Don't be dumb.

you dont have to write those exact words to express your thoughts on a subject. your picture selection along with the caption gave it away. why not find a pic of a new locker room?

you dont have to write those exact words to express your thoughts on a subject. your picture selection along with the caption gave it away. why not find a pic of a new locker room?
So basically you're saying u assumed I was saying an on campus stadium lmao u know what happens when u assume.

Advertisement
so why post a pic of a brand new stadium on another campus referencing the money used to build dorms?
I said the money used on the dorms could have bought a stadium like Baylors. Show me where I specified that it had to be on campus...

I said the money used on the dorms could have bought a stadium like Baylors. Show me where I specified that it had to be on campus...

since youre a pretty recent fan (2 to 5 years), this argument has been had 1 million times with the tropical park site. it will never happen. that site is the only viable location close to campus and that was shot down years ago. there isnt any space near campus either along with the same issues (traffic on US1 is nightmare already and trying to pack 55-60k down there will make it worse) and that also goes for miller since its a residential road towards campus.

Advertisement
We need a better way to show the history and awards that the program has and the amount of talent in the nfl. The top schools showcase their programs in a museum like environment with less history tradition and nfl players pro-bowlers and hof’s than the U.
The Dimare area is outdated as is the locker room. We have some posters with names and pictures of players. It’s too toned down imo. Other schools put in peoples face every all American heisman even nfl players. We just have like a list of dudes on some posters.

Sounds like we need a light show, miles of neon, sound effects, and a laser snow cone machine.

***** Clemson.

I think for the @$12million we can create a very doable locker room and do the tribute hall/museum focusing on the achievements of the football team and individual players. That could easily be raised through donors, or after the new dorms are opened, spent by the university. While we don’t have locker rooms that adjoin an on campus stadium, there’s still good merit for updating and upgrading our current setup. That, couple with the new improved Hecht Center, and newly created museum to go along with the IPF all on the same footprint would be a dazzling showcase for years to come. Add in the unbelievable new dorm settings plus retail space and study areas, it will already transform an amazingly beautiful campus to notches never seen.

It's amazing that the cheapest fanbase in college athletics runs their mouths the most about what the school should do. Here's an idea mouth breathers: WRITE SOME **** CHECKS AND BUY SOME **** TICKETS AND MERCH. If you aren't doing that, you aren't throwing down money to the Hurricane Club, then no one gives a **** about what you think we "Should" do. Remember fans, our school had to CROWDFUND to get the IPF completed, because OUR FANS pretty much did what they've always done: Talk a big game and disappear when it was time to start writing checks. It's a **** shame that our NFL alumni are the one donor pool we can depend on, outside of some long time alumni donors.

Should you always be looking to upgrade stuff? Yes, and that's what Miami is doing as we speak . That said, Miami has more pressing needs than new lockers, this program needs to be pouring additional funds into support staff, into logistical support. That's where a lot of the ACC Network money is going to go.

UM needed new dorms but you clearly have never set foot in one. thats absolutely as important as anything else considering players live in them and they're old and ****** right now (even UV and thats new for our current housing). also, there is ZERO room on campus for a stadium along with gables noise ordinances and the residents already hating the school. enough w this **** with zero information about the campus, the city, or the issues that surround it. we had a homecoming concert shut down one of my years there bc of the noise rule and US1 would be a freaking nightmare if we ever built a stadium on campus (we can't so its a moot point). at least pull up a campus map before you post pics of baylors stadium

We have a lot of dumbasses in the fanbase. A lot of "Fans" that have never set foot on campus, so they don't know a **** thing about UMiami as an institution. Reasoning with them is a waste of time. I know that as soon as someone says "UMiami is cheap, they need to build a stadium", or "Miami academics are crippling the program", that they aren't worth my time.

Advertisement
It's amazing that the cheapest fanbase in college athletics runs their mouths the most about what the school should do. Here's an idea mouth breathers: WRITE SOME **** CHECKS AND BUY SOME **** TICKETS AND MERCH. If you aren't doing that, you aren't throwing down money to the Hurricane Club, then no one gives a **** about what you think we "Should" do. Remember fans, our school had to CROWDFUND to get the IPF completed, because OUR FANS pretty much did what they've always done: Talk a big game and disappear when it was time to start writing checks. It's a **** shame that our NFL alumni are the one donor pool we can depend on, outside of some long time alumni donors.

Should you always be looking to upgrade stuff? Yes, and that's what Miami is doing as we speak . That said, Miami has more pressing needs than new lockers, this program needs to be pouring additional funds into support staff, into logistical support. That's where a lot of the ACC Network money is going to go.

Oh pray tell, I hope your rant fest was to the members of the fan base that do not support the team financially. I give to the coffers, and even did so specifically to fund the IPF. But please do tell us all how we should spend our hard earned money.

Oh pray tell, I hope your rant fest was to the members of the fan base that do not support the team financially. I give to the coffers, and even did so specifically to fund the IPF. But please do tell us all how we should spend our hard earned money.

You can spend your money however you want, but it's about time someone called this fanbase out for the pathetic cheapskates they've always been. It's always "The school should", but when you look at the revenue coming in, it's garbage compared to a lot of other schools. This fanbase expects the University to spend money that isn't there.

Miami is a program that succeeded DESPITE having a fanbase that isn't loyal and doesn't give a rat's ***. That isn't a long term formula for success. Miami needs this fanbase to step up, especially with schools like Clemson finally leveraging their huge networks. We need a fanbase that will stand up and fight for this program both with their checkbooks and in the community.

Advertisement

Lots of us give plenty ....and we ALL know what we give.

So it went without saying that his rant wasn't directed at me.... or anyone else who gives back to the University.

Advertisement
Back