Are we back to Gruden now..lol

Advertisement
NFL cancels Gruden because of offensive language in some emails.

NFL lines up Dr. Dre and Snoop Dog for 2022 Super Bowl halftime show. (Good thing those guys have never put any offensive language out in public).
Yes but they have talent.
The Chronic and Doggystyle are 2 of the best rap albums of all time. Not to mention Dre's influence on so many artists. He is one of the great producers of all time.
And they have evolved. Gruden is living in 1985 where people used many of the terms he used in his emails, but from 2011-2018. But he has not evolved and time has passed him by. Such is life.

The Chronic and Doggystyle are 2 of the best rap albums of all time. Not to mention Dre's influence on so many artists. He is one of the great producers of all time.
And they have evolved. Gruden is living in 1985 where people used many of the terms he used in his emails, but from 2011-2018. But he has not evolved and time has passed him by. Such is life.
Well, I’m glad we have the Woke police around to tell us what is and is not allowed to be considered offensive.

You can’t sit there with a straight face and tell me what Gruden said is worse than what those guys have constantly put out there publicly over the years.

Are you sure you used the right pronouns?

Advertisement
Times have changed all right. Yea we've entered a communist style arena where people are now being told how to act, what to say, what to think, who to like or not like/offend while every day someone is invading your space AND looking at all your personal emails (NYT & ESPN for starters) so they can dredge up something from high school and get you fired 25 years later. You can be assured that the NYT and ESPN are now snooping on all of the NFL coaches emails looking for people to fire and then they'll be on to the college ranks, well you get the picture. NFL is a total laughing stock and so is Goddell. ESPN slobbered all over Gruden and couldn't pay him enough when he was employed as an analyst...they are complete hypocrites and a joke of a network.

It isn't enough to apologize for anything anymore (even after 25 years) some of the holier than thou crowd now want to ruin (some) people and stomp them into the ground. Pathetic world we live in.
#BigLipsMatter
ESPN's Randy Moss is soft and is making black men look bad with his fake tears. Embarrassing.
Thankfully the PC absurdity is being called out (Dave Chapelle, Kyrie, and others)

Well, I’m glad we have the Woke police around to tell us what is and is not allowed to be considered offensive.

You can’t sit there with a straight face and tell me what Gruden said is worse than what those guys have constantly put out there publicly over the years.
I’ve been listening to Dre since 1989 when Straight Outta Compton was released. It was a groundbreaking album that opened the eyes of so many young people around the country as to the poor relationship between young blacks and the police in Los Angeles. And this was before Rodney King. I’ve never been offended by Dre or Snoop, but i have disagreed with them at times, especially in some of their lyrics about women.
But they are artists and as such, society and the courts give them a degree of artistic license.
Gruden is not an artist and is not given the same latitude.

Frankly, I am not telling you anything you do not already understand.

I’ve been listening to Dre since 1989 when Straight Outta Compton was released. It was a groundbreaking album that opened the eyes of so many young people around the country as to the poor relationship between young blacks and the police in Los Angeles. And this was before Rodney King. I’ve never been offended by Dre or Snoop, but i have disagreed with them at times, especially in some of their lyrics about women.
But they are artists and as such, society and the courts give them a degree of artistic license.

I still think it's a total overreaction to words. Given this happened a decade ago, a contrite apology should be sufficient unless he does it again, now that he knows the culture has changed and "locker room talk" is no longer appropriate. I don't understand the need for a pound of flesh (btw, some people assert that very common saying is actually extremely offensive, so word of warning to everyone who has used that phrase).

I just happened to read this story a few min ago and it strikes me as odd that one guy is fired for saying mean things and may never work again in his profession, while this gentleman is getting praised for honesty and gets to remain an extraordinarily high paid sports executive.

It is truly a wonderful redemption story, but he literally murdered an innocent teenager. Shouldn't there be an even louder national outcry that he should be donating 100% of all proceeds from his book to the victims family? I highly doubt the family of the child he murdered were savvy enough to file a wrongful death civil lawsuit.

Last edited:

My point has never been to defend Gruden. My point is that the NFL is full of woke hypocrisy. And your disagreement over some of their lyrics about women is the perfect illustration of my point.

(BTW, NFL coaches are in the entertainment business, too.).

Advertisement
Word is Miami would have serious interest in Gruden if he wasn’t radioactive. The workaround the BOT is exploring is hiring Frank Caliendo and having Caliendo coach the Canes doing his Gruden impersonation. It could work, you know.
Why not just bring Caliendo in to be John Madden?

Word is Miami would have serious interest in Gruden if he wasn’t radioactive. The workaround the BOT is exploring is hiring Frank Caliendo and having Caliendo coach the Canes doing his Gruden impersonation. It could work, you know.

He's highly radioactive but the radioactivity has a half life of 3 months. Very few people will care about this in January. I guarantee there will be at least one crazy story involving nfl players or coaches that will make this look like a non event. What Gruden should do in the next three months is blame alcohol abuse and anger management issues for his emails, check into rehab, and come out saying he's found religion.

I still think it's a total overreaction to words. Given this happened a decade ago, a contrite apology should be sufficient unless he does it again, now that he knows the culture has changed and "locker room talk" is no longer appropriate. I don't understand the need for a pound of flesh (btw, some people assert that very common saying is actually extremely offensive, so word of warning to everyone who has used that phrase).

I just happened to read this story a few min ago and it strikes me as odd that one guy is fired for saying mean things and may never work again in his profession, while this gentleman is getting praised for honesty and gets to remain an extraordinarily high paid sports executive.

It is truly a wonderful redemption story, but he literally murdered an innocent teenager. Shouldn't there be an even louder national outcry that he should be donating 100% of all proceeds from his book to the victims family? I highly doubt the family of the child he murdered were savvy enough to file a wrongful death civil lawsuit.
I do too.
Gruden‘s actions dId not warrant a firing. And even the words were less offensive than people want to accept tif they actually read the words. I have a feeling that most of this was about Goodell’s ego since the NFL stopped “releasing/leaking” emails once Gruden was fired and there were derogatory remarks about the commish.

If this had occurred in a competent organization, I bet after the first “offensive” email, Gruden would have met with someone in HR, forced to go to some training and would have stopped using some of the words which were im all of our vocabularies for many years.

to your point, it was just words.

Advertisement
#BigLipsMatter
ESPN's Randy Moss is soft and is making black men look bad with his fake tears. Embarrassing.
Thankfully the PC absurdity is being called out (Dave Chapelle, Kyrie, and others)

LOL, Randy Moss ran over a parking meter attendant. Think that is what gets to all of us, the utter hypocrisy of it all. From every angle, on every side, people are just hypocrites, without ever acknowledging it. Even though it gets misused all the time, let he without sin cast the first stone. People would rather show vanity and some fake vitrue signaling than forgive. One takes courage one doesn't.

#BigLipsMatter

Yeah, the same Whitlock that cried like a lil' hoe when Kobe died.

Advertisement
#BigLipsMatter

Whitlock brought the heat. ****!

#BigLipsMatter

Jason Whitlock attacks and criticizing Black athletes every chance he gets. He’s a sell out !!

Advertisement
Back