Are we allowed to invite recruits to our bowl game?

kutz

Sophomore
Premium
Or the recruits that will be signing LOI early? Not 100% if ncaa allows this but its nice to have a big bowl game at our home stadium.

Advertisement
Or the recruits that will be signing LOI early? Not 100% if ncaa allows this but its nice to have a big bowl game at our home stadium.

I don't believe so. But iirc, Harley went to the bowl game (as a WVU recruit because he was committed at the time). I do know that the recruits can go to the practices.

Amari Carter, Trajan Bandy, Mark Pope, Gilbert Frierson, Gurvan Hall & Al Blades all went to the Russell Athletic Bowl last year.

And like Orange&Green said, the recruits will be invited to Bowl week practices, Lingard, John Campbell & Tae Williams all watched practices last year in Orlando.

Well the new signing day is in December. 95% of our recruited will already be signed. Does anyone know if that changes if they can come to the game?

There is probably some provision in there to keep teams who are playing in the national championship game from having an unfair advantage against a team who is playing in the Independence Bowl on Christmas day. (LOL. Little dig at our enemies up north).

That said, a recruit can go to whatever game they want with their own dime I am sure. We just cant "host" them. I am sure Richt and the folks will find a way to get as many of the kids to the game as possible without violating any rules.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back