Are we adding anyone Wednesday ?

canecat

Junior
Forgive me but after December's signing class I just haven't paid attention to recruiting beyond transfer portal recruiting and this board seems to be dead in terms of talking about 2020 players so am I to assume our class is finished beyond maybe adding 1-2 more portal additions ? Or is there anyone we have a realistic chance at on Wednesday ?

Advertisement
Advertisement
if Tae doesn't commit to us, then after Spring ball we will take a grad transfer OL or WR Tarik Black after Lashlee and Justice get a look at what they have to work with. If they are good at OL and WR, a solid LB or CB may also be in the cards.

Advertisement
Isaiah dunson and potentially willie moise
Yeah knew about dunson . So sounds like most likely no one . Which is fine as I love our class for the most part but the 2 most important pieces are transfers not recruits in Roche and King . We will need to find another LB and maybe a WR or OL as well in the portal but the portal will be filling back up as spring practices start and end as well .

tenor (73).gif

Advertisement
I wouldn’t count on Avantae, he’s Gayturd fodder now. Looks like Dunson and possibly Moise if he makes the grades. I too would love to see another LB and/or OT if we can find good ones via the Portal but we need another WR so perhaps Tarik would do given his measurables. I would hold out as others have said and roll the dice after attrition hits the Portal after Spring practices

We should've been spending the month of January looking for a 3rd LB to add in this class.
I certainly understand the need and the desire for another LB. Having said that, I am honestly rather taken aback by the general lack of concern with the situation at CB. To me the lack of scholarship CBs is alarming. With Dunson we will have a total of 6 CBs. That includes Blades, Ivey, Williams and Couch in addition to true freshmen Marcus Clarke who needs to be taught the position and the aforementioned Isaiah Dunson. Of the 4 returning CBs only Blades and Ivey have any experience actually playing the CB position in college as Williams and Couch were limited to special teams. I see the CB position as the weakest unit on the team. Yes even worse than the OL. To actually be in this position at CB is not only embarrassing, it's inexcusable! I read through all these threads and all I see people talking about is adding another OL, LB or even a WR and yes those are positions where we could use more depth but to me the greatest need by far is at CB. Am I wrong?

Advertisement
I certainly understand the need and the desire for another LB. Having said that, I am honestly rather taken aback by the general lack of concern with the situation at CB. To me the lack of scholarship CBs is alarming. With Dunson we will have a total of 6 CBs. That includes Blades, Ivey, Williams and Couch in addition to true freshmen Marcus Clarke who needs to be taught the position and the aforementioned Isaiah Dunson. Of the 4 returning CBs only Blades and Ivey have any experience actually playing the CB position in college as Williams and Couch were limited to special teams. I see the CB position as the weakest unit on the team. Yes even worse than the OL. To actually be in this position at CB is not only embarrassing, it's inexcusable! I read through all these threads and all I see people talking about is adding another OL, LB or even a WR and yes those are positions where we could use more depth but to me the greatest need by far is at CB. Am I wrong?
we need an OL, CB, and LB. you are not wrong. I dont even count clarke on depth chart at this point because hes not ready to be a CB.

Advertisement
Back