Are there any seniors that will he missed next year?

I understand what your saying but IMO Alex Collins is a better upgrade over James by a mile.
I agree Brandon is playing better but the freshmen we have will def be ahead of the curver and better ceiling for those kids.
And with Bryant and Bostwick im really not upset to see these guys leave because the talent coming in is better. If we lose AC then I wouldnt mind James for one more year.

Rings and Dwins, I respect you both and enjoy your posts. But I disagree with you here. Just because Shannon (and Coker before him) screwed up the team, I don't put that on the guys who are still around. What is a "RS kid", anyway? The only one I would have charaterized as a RS Kid was Jacory Harris, and maybe Teddy Bridgewater, who decommitted the moment Shannon was fired.

I will miss James, McGee and Smith because they're starters in areas where we are thin on depth, and have bought into the operation that Golden is implementing. James and McGee have really stepped it up a notch and absolutely would have started next year, as well. Smith maybe would have been passed up by someone else, but our depth at DT is horrific. Claw and Botts are big-time talents, and we're really going to miss them. Goudis is supposed to be very good. But those he has big shoes to fill to replace Claw, and as far as I understand, he isn't a premier punter. So big gap there.

As much as I admire the fact VT has been an anchor for so many years, I think we'll have enough depth to cover for him, so of the starters, he's the one I think we miss the least.

Advertisement
Rings and Dwins, I respect you both and enjoy your posts. But I disagree with you here. Just because Shannon (and Coker before him) screwed up the team, I don't put that on the guys who are still around. What is a "RS kid", anyway? The only one I would have charaterized as a RS Kid was Jacory Harris, and maybe Teddy Bridgewater, who decommitted the moment Shannon was fired.

I will miss James, McGee and Smith because they're starters in areas where we are thin on depth, and have bought into the operation that Golden is implementing. James and McGee have really stepped it up a notch and absolutely would have started next year, as well. Smith maybe would have been passed up by someone else, but our depth at DT is horrific. Claw and Botts are big-time talents, and we're really going to miss them. Goudis is supposed to be very good. But those he has big shoes to fill to replace Claw, and as far as I understand, he isn't a premier punter. So big gap there.

As much as I admire the fact VT has been an anchor for so many years, I think we'll have enough depth to cover for him, so of the starters, he's the one I think we miss the least.

Very classy post.

I will always have a lot of love for Mike James, kid may not be an All-American, but he does things the right way and is a consummate team guy.

B. McGee shows it's never too late to resurrect a career by buying into what the coaches are telling you and working your *** off. Kid was an after thought to me to start the year and has quietly played very strong football.

Advertisement
Botts and Claw. I remember hearing reports about Wieclaw and people saying he was missing kicks left and right in practice. Was pleasantly surprised that he's been so good.

Part of the success of our kickers is that we have let kids sit for 2-3 years and become men before they have to play. That's huge. Kicker U.

Part of the success of our kickers is that we have let kids sit for 2-3 years and become men before they have to play. That's huge. Kicker U.

Exactly. It's amazing what depth at a position does to player development

This is why next year will be a very telling year on what we have with Golden. His first full class will be Sophs, along with a few quality kids from 2010 and 2011 in Linder, Hurns, Felancio, 3G, and Perryman. Get the freshman some quality time now. Next year if we arent at 9 wins, then we have some major issues at coaching once again.

I normally would agree and spot on with your lost but with the ncaa cloud its really harder to be back so I would give him bh 2015 becausr I think it take four years years to clean up this mess.
Im not talking about being back, Im not talking about winning a BCS bowl. Im talking about winning 9 games playing in the ACC. There is no way that competent coaching(what we are lokking for) and our talent going forward next year we cannot accomplish that. 9 wins is above average, and if Golden is that guy, there is no way we cant accomplish that next year.

Advertisement
This is why next year will be a very telling year on what we have with Golden. His first full class will be Sophs, along with a few quality kids from 2010 and 2011 in Linder, Hurns, Felancio, 3G, and Perryman. Get the freshman some quality time now. Next year if we arent at 9 wins, then we have some major issues at coaching once again.

I normally would agree and spot on with your lost but with the ncaa cloud its really harder to be back so I would give him bh 2015 becausr I think it take four years years to clean up this mess.
Im not talking about being back, Im not talking about winning a BCS bowl. Im talking about winning 9 games playing in the ACC. There is no way that competent coaching(what we are lokking for) and our talent going forward next year we cannot accomplish that. 9 wins is above average, and if Golden is that guy, there is no way we cant accomplish that next year.

Also depends if he can get the DL fixed with this recruiting cycle. We gotta control the LOS if we want to win 9 games next year. Lets see what Juco guys he brings in. Holding on to this class will be huge and add Thomas and Kirkland and the others it is a possibility we can win 9 games. Im expecting big things when guys like Duke and Bush are Juniors.

Is McGee Sam Shields 2.0?

Not really doing much the first 3 years, then their senior yer they have a pretty good season and then go on to have an NFL Career and make a nice bit of $?

I don't think we miss anyone, after bosher left two years ago, who would have thought most posters on here would be saying our to kickers are the ones we would be missing the most. we seem to have fixed most of the problems on the team except DT, in the last two classes, hopefully Al will bring in the killer b's and a juco or two and correct that problem.

I will miss mike and brandon because I believe they have put in work to succeed, and would like to see them be on a real winner, but both will be replaced without missing a beat!

Is McGee Sam Shields 2.0?

Not really doing much the first 3 years, then their senior yer they have a pretty good season and then go on to have an NFL Career and make a nice bit of $?

McGee is doing far better this year than Shields did his senior year. I don't think Shields started trying until he was getting paid.

Advertisement
We better not have any seniors we will miss. **** that.

We've been "young" for 7 years.

Botts and Claw. I remember hearing reports about Wieclaw and people saying he was missing kicks left and right in practice. Was pleasantly surprised that he's been so good.

Was thinking the same thing. Kid was an alleged "bust" 2 years ago when Bosher was doing all 3 kicking duties. Claw has turned into an incredible college kicker. We have become spoiled with Bosher and Claw. Many schools have major kicking issues and for the last 5 years, our guys have been almost automatic (sans one bad game Bosher had against GT I believe).

Advertisement
I doubt we'll have a corner next year as good as McGee, so he'll be missed. Overall our CB play will be better though.

I doubt we'll have a corner next year as good as McGee, so he'll be missed. Overall our CB play will be better though.
I will have to respectfully disagree. As solid as McGee has been thus far this season, I think next year we could have a couple of the current youngsters surpass McGee's senior year level of play. Finnie, Howard, and Crawford all have much higher ceilings IMO.

Advertisement
Back