Are there any seniors that will he missed next year?

Advertisement
I think all the seniors will be missed from a team prospective. While the guys you listed above will not go down as the greatest it is nice to have a group of guys who have been through what they have to keep the younger guys heads on straight. Mike James being able to tell a kid how much stronger he has gotten with Golden helps reinforce the process. Just like with what we saw in the article with Howard. McGee is able to relay how much he struggled but now through the process has become a good player.

Short answer is no, but I think Mike James has been good for the program, and is the truest hurricane in the bunch.

Advertisement
Mcgee is going to have a good year and he'll likely end up a Pro, but we won't really miss him. His substitutes will cover more than enough of whatever hole he leaves behind.

On the other hand, special teams...

Advertisement
****. Botts is already gone next year? I really like him. Wieclaw too.

James could be missed a little but if we get Collins it'll be fine.

James is a good guy and all , but if Collins sticks we won't really miss his production.

VT has always seemed like a good guy too, but on the field he's JAG.

Agree with Lu's take on McGee, we should have adequate (if not better) replacements for him.

And yeah, the kickers will definitely be missed.

Advertisement
just the Kickers, otherwise we lost all of our good SR's from this class when they left early as JR's.

I don't think we have any JR's that will bolt to the NFL. Henderson could maybe just if he isn't happy at Miami I guess, but it is highly unlikely that he would leave when he could improve his draft stock so much by staying.

If Henderson works his way back into being a starter as many expect, I would be SHOCKED if he stuck around next year. JMO.

This is why next year will be a very telling year on what we have with Golden. His first full class will be Sophs, along with a few quality kids from 2010 and 2011 in Linder, Hurns, Felancio, 3G, and Perryman. Get the freshman some quality time now. Next year if we arent at 9 wins, then we have some major issues at coaching once again.

Advertisement
Rings and Dwins, I respect you both and enjoy your posts. But I disagree with you here. Just because Shannon (and Coker before him) screwed up the team, I don't put that on the guys who are still around. What is a "RS kid", anyway? The only one I would have charaterized as a RS Kid was Jacory Harris, and maybe Teddy Bridgewater, who decommitted the moment Shannon was fired.

I will miss James, McGee and Smith because they're starters in areas where we are thin on depth, and have bought into the operation that Golden is implementing. James and McGee have really stepped it up a notch and absolutely would have started next year, as well. Smith maybe would have been passed up by someone else, but our depth at DT is horrific. Claw and Botts are big-time talents, and we're really going to miss them. Goudis is supposed to be very good. But those he has big shoes to fill to replace Claw, and as far as I understand, he isn't a premier punter. So big gap there.

As much as I admire the fact VT has been an anchor for so many years, I think we'll have enough depth to cover for him, so of the starters, he's the one I think we miss the least.

We'll really miss the kickers. We'll miss James a little. But the reality of the miserable state of this program really hits you when Brandon ***king McGee might be the non-kicker senior we miss the most. Thanks for nothing, Shammin! :ibisroflmao:

This is why next year will be a very telling year on what we have with Golden. His first full class will be Sophs, along with a few quality kids from 2010 and 2011 in Linder, Hurns, Felancio, 3G, and Perryman. Get the freshman some quality time now. Next year if we arent at 9 wins, then we have some major issues at coaching once again.

I normally would agree and spot on with your lost but with the ncaa cloud its really harder to be back so I would give him bh 2015 becausr I think it take four years years to clean up this mess.

Advertisement
Back