Are Miami fans fair weather fans?

IamaCane4Life

Redshirt Freshman
When it goes well, we have record breaking years in the sale of tickets, fan gear, and everyone in the tri county area gets super excited and everyone begins to make statements such as “we back”

When it goes bad; the comments are the following

“ I am giving up on this team”
“I don’t think I will be renewing my tickets”
“ I am flying a banner over the stadium”
“Burning my Hurricane gear”

And of course all the nasty words towards coaches and players!

Yes I agree we need changes, but we need true fans to be proud of The U! Let’s get behind the players, the recruits and the city and be proud in whatever type of weather and situation and declare we are THE U!

Advertisement
**** outta here. If anybody is still a Miami fan in 2018 they are absolutely committed. Our bandwagon left a long long time ago.

That stadium looked pretty good last night. Plenty loud on tv. So no.

I'm 44, don't live in Miami and been a fan my whole life. Its been a long time since we've had a good product on the field. Having said all of that, I love my team and will watch every time they play. I also dropped 160 yesterday for gear for my 12 year old so he can rock Cane gear. Not gonna say that I'm not disappointed with this year but I'm still a Cane for life.

Advertisement
For a fanbase maligned as "fairweather," there sure were a lot of people there last night despite having to watch the worst offense in college football.

Advertisement
I am to the point where I'm tired of putting myself through the headache year in and year out

Advertisement
No, I expect excellent football to be played at Miami. Not this BS... Thse MEN get paid handsomely for being ugly MF'ers..

Florida's crowd was so bad that Mullen made an ill-advised comment about it in the presser. Now the Gator fans are snapping back, telling him to put a better product on the field and they will show up.

Florida's crowd was so bad that Mullen made an ill-advised comment about it in the presser. Now the Gator fans are snapping back, telling him to put a better product on the field and they will show up.
gayturd stench
tenor.gif

Advertisement
Fvck OP with a forklift.

Anyone who continues to support this program right now should BE committed... to a mental institution. When organizations are disfunctional, corrupt, and lie to their customers, they should not be rewarded.

Do you continue to frequent a restaurant that routinely serves salmonella? Why should we support a team that commits special teams and offensive malpractice on a weekly basis, then spends the intervening week telling us that we are stupid, emotional, and irrational, and that the underperformance is all the fault of the teenagers who play for nothing more than a scholarship, love of the game, and hope to make the pros, and who are just like the teenagers who they are playing against except that they were rated as more talented prospects by professional scouting services.

No accountability, no self-evaluation, just deflections, denials, and lies.

Fair weather fans, my ***. We’ve been to **** and back and back to **** with this program that ****es in our face an$ tells us it’s just rain. Fvck you, op, and fvck this program until it makes some serious changes. I feel for the kids and will always pull for them, but that was it for me last night.

Mediocrity is for the weak minded. And losing to cream puffs shld NEVER be accepted here. Sad thing is, now WE'RE the cream puffs. Let that marinate, OP. FOOH

We’ve been thru this situation before. Several times before. Anybody who still comes to a site like this after the last 15 years, I’d Anythjng but fair weather.

Fair weather fans? Not what I saw last night. The fans stayed thru all the heavy rain quarters and didn’t leave. But you can’t expect them to keep coming, the stadium prices are up and it is a very costly night of entertainment. How many times will you keep going to that very expensive restaurant, that used to be good back in the day, only to spend a ton of money and the food keeps coming out looking like left overs and is cold. Put a good product on the field or at least an improving product and the fans will come. Who want to spend a bunch of time and money, only to get disappointed again, again and again. Stop blaming the fans, they are not fair weather fans, they are just getting tired of the false advertising.

Advertisement
Back