Architectural Details on football ops center

The track will be moved.

Take a look at the map, the easternmost Greentree field is already impaired on one end by the parking garage.

Cobb Track moves to the IM Fields, and the Greentree fields will shift west. And who knows, I'd love to see UM build some left field seating at the Light.
I am glad that they are building a new facility but moving the track will always bum me out. Things change.

Advertisement
I am glad that they are building a new facility but moving the track will always bum me out. Things change.

There's a sliver of hope yet. Clearly, the connector from the new building, over the canal, and into the IPF, will take place at the point of the IPF expansion.

So we KNOW that East Greentree will get shorter.

The western Greentree field will remain the same.

Therefore, the operative question will be whether the field inside the track could be utilized for football occasionally (when practices are not inside and/or two full 100 yard outdoor fields are required).

In all honesty, if part of the (expanded) IM Field area needs to be claimed by Athletics, I would rather it be a newly constructed softball field.

There's a sliver of hope yet. Clearly, the connector from the new building, over the canal, and into the IPF, will take place at the point of the IPF expansion.

Therefore, the operative question will be whether the field inside the track could be utilized for football occasionally (when practices are not inside and/or two full 100 yard outdoor fields are required).

In all honesty, if part of the (expanded) IM Field area needs to be claimed by Athletics, I would rather it be a newly constructed softball field.
Still is bull**** that athletics can just claim the little bit of open field that the rest of the student body has

Still is bull**** that athletics can just claim the little bit of open field that the rest of the student body has

Stop it.

The IM Fields were expanded when the Army Armory building was torn down. Nobody complained then, when an existing building was "given" to the student body. Plus, it's possible that the new parking in the new building will replace some of the surface parking along Ponce, opening up some additional space for fields.

When Walsh and Rosborough are torn down (along with the cafeteria), there will likely be enough space to reorient the IM fields.

Stop it.

The IM Fields were expanded when the Army Armory building was torn down. Nobody complained then, when an existing building was "given" to the student body. Plus, it's possible that the new parking in the new building will replace some of the surface parking along Ponce, opening up some additional space for fields.

When Walsh and Rosborough are torn down (along with the cafeteria), there will likely be enough space to reorient the IM fields.
The parking for the new facility will just replace the amount of the gym parking lot + the site for the future theatre arts building. And I’ve looked at the plans for the 2nd part of the centennial village and it won’t really change the footprint. Nothing of that has anything to do with the fact of athletics taking space on the IM fields. I can live with the shot put area cause it doesn’t take up much space. But claiming the entirety of it, is a abomination for student life. There is no other site that would be a suitable replacement imo.

I can’t speak on the armory building as I wasn’t affliated with the school back then, but I’m always for giving more space for student life and intramural activities.

Advertisement

I had a lot of good times on that track but time marches on.

parallel bar and body works gym too!!??
I’m in!!
Ha! I was a member at Bodyworks and my first ever job was at Zipps Sporting Goods right across the street. One of my best friends worked their and a couple of friends from school. I remember working out with Mercury Morris, cool *** dude. The PT's there would hook up there like mofos. There are a lot of doctors and lawyers and very successful businessmen around out there without a clue of how many times their wives were getting plowed by the PT's at Bodyworks! LOL They also have no idea how much **** they "bought us" with their credit cards at Zipps Sporting Goods LMFAO

Advertisement
Back