Off-Topic Archeological Finds

There was a big shed at that site, called the **** House. That's where they recorded several of their big hits.
I went....all that was there was some wood and concrete pieces. Even went to the Gravesite (2nd one....1st was vandalized)
FB_IMG_1680576440050.jpg

Advertisement
@JD08 @SpikeUM @Rickd Not really Archaeological in a sense, but cool nonetheless. I'm moving to Sarasota next week. And I figured it'd be a good time to go on one more Arrowhead/Indian Artifact hunt near the St. John's River before the move. I have a friend who lives close to Jacksonville. Together we've found incredible stuff, most notably in Palatka (Pea Creek) throughout the yrs. Yesterday he took me to Green Cove Springs, about 20mins north of Palatka. We ended up walking up to this old wooden dock, that had an incredible view of the Springs. Come to find out. This Dock in the pics is where Ronnie Van Zant basically wrote Sweet Home Alabama and other Lynyrd Skynyrd songs. Supposedly not only was he an avid fisherman, but this was his favorite spot to fish at if not in a boat. There were several people (Locals) close by who also confirmed the story. Thought it was pretty cool.View attachment 234630View attachment 234631
This thread is unbelievable. The amount of history surrounding you're findings is incredible. I hope you can document everything. A documentary would be worth pursuing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
My step-daughters Dobie would love it!
Story is...it was found barely protruding from a sand dune near New Smyrna Bch 20+ yrs ago. Ironically, about 10yrs ago, an entire Mammoth was excavated nearby. I got this femur via trade with a guy, who Loved Agatized Coral Geodes that I had enormous amount of, so I traded. I've been offered $400 for the femur but declined.

Advertisement
He was The Undisputed King of Florida Indian Artifacts....and it really wasn't even close. Passed away a few yrs ago. Was not only a good friend, but taught me alot about the hobby. Without question, had a million dollar collection.
FB_IMG_1686246689376.jpg

Advertisement
Back