Off-Topic Archeological Finds

Advertisement
@UMFarArcher ....This is made of Chalcedony (Translucent) about 4,000yrs old
IMG_2542.jpg
IMG_2541.jpg

What do you think it was?

The natives really didn't care for gold - had no real use for it - and in a harsh land - had no desire to pursue it. If you can imagine a huge, flat valley with no water anywhere nearby - and you were traversing it for whatever reason - anyone that got injured or sick - they were in trouble.

I'd say something similar happened, and that this person who died had companions - thus the burial.

Advertisement
The natives really didn't care for gold - had no real use for it - and in a harsh land - had no desire to pursue it. If you can imagine a huge, flat valley with no water anywhere nearby - and you were traversing it for whatever reason - anyone that got injured or sick - they were in trouble.

I'd say something similar happened, and that this person who died had companions - thus the burial.
But why the gold? Why were they buried with it?

@UMFarArcher ....the black Point at the bottom that looks like a Mustache,is a Paleo Simpson Mustache Point. 11,000-12,000yrs old. It's only one of 15 known to exist (including broken ones) you can read about them by Googling Simpson Mustache Point. about a $2,500 Artifact.

IF . . . you wanted to sell it. I find myself keeping things that are special to me - and they're just not for sale.

I acquired a special knife - and used it "enthusiastically" once. Alone, at night, I'd pull it out, and the unique shape enabled me to gently stroke the backside which had been cut in - and had a unique shape. There were other knives - I always carried two - one on my webgear - one inside my left leg - and that particular knife was special.

I think several hundred were made - on the same line - by the same craftsmen - and should be identical. But when I held it - it resonated differently - it seemed to hold a lot of emotion accumulated over the years.

Some of your artifacts are the same - they hold some level of emotion, each with it's own resonance - which makes them not just special - but especially special to you.

But why the gold? Why were they buried with it?

I would think it would be an amulet - could have been a Central American - could have been a native, though I doubt it - or could have even been a Spaniard or a Priest - just no telling.

And not one of us suggested we dig and find out. You dig out there - some strange things happen.

Advertisement
IF . . . you wanted to sell it. I find myself keeping things that are special to me - and they're just not for sale.

I acquired a special knife - and used it "enthusiastically" once. Alone, at night, I'd pull it out, and the unique shape enabled me to gently stroke the backside which had been cut in - and had a unique shape. There were other knives - I always carried two - one on my webgear - one inside my left leg - and that particular knife was special.

I think several hundred were made - on the same line - by the same craftsmen - and should be identical. But when I held it - it resonated differently - it seemed to hold a lot of emotion accumulated over the years.

Some of your artifacts are the same - they hold some level of emotion, each with it's own resonance - which makes them not just special - but especially special to you.
@UMFarArcher ....my collection (entire) sits at about $175,000....at one point 2yrs ago about $250,000....I sold about $60,000 in the last 2yrs to an investor who's one of the original Developers of the Villages. Multi Millionaire. 2 1/2 yrs ago he came to my home (when I was living in Orlando) and dropped $40,000 in Hundreds. Largest sale I've ever made. I used to do Artifact shows throughout Fl for 20yrs....now, only so often. Even then a $1,000 sale was excellent....but then there was this....Lol
72740244_2747123251973071_5522117702476365824_o.jpg

@UMFarArcher ....my collection (entire) sits at about $175,000....at one point 2yrs ago about $250,000....I sold about $60,000 in the last 2yrs to an investor who's one of the original Developers of the Villages. Multi Millionaire. 2 1/2 yrs ago he came to my home (when I was living in Orlando) and dropped $40,000 in Hundreds. Largest sale I've ever made. I used to do Artifact shows throughout Fl for 20yrs....now, only so often. Even then a $1,000 sale was excellent....but then there was this....LolView attachment 230733

Green.

One of my favorite colors!

Advertisement
I would think it would be an amulet - could have been a Central American - could have been a native, though I doubt it - or could have even been a Spaniard or a Priest - just no telling.

And not one of us suggested we dig and find out. You dig out there - some strange things happen.
I’m a believer. Bad karma **** happens with these things. I know you know but for others, this is just with King Tut’s tomb…

Advertisement
@UMFarArcher ....took these to a Jeweler friend of mine 3yrs ago and had him wrap them in 14kt Gold. At first I had the Black, and White one for myself, then my GF wanted one, so I had him do the Blue one for her.....of course she's only worn it 10 times....smfh...Lol the Black one is a Florida Greenbrier about 9,000yrs old...The White one is a Florida Bolen Bevel also in the 9,000yr old range...and the Blue one is an Ace of Spades Bolen Bevel, also about 9,000yrs old. All were personal finds...I even have the In-Situ pics of them being found.
20220302_180700.jpg

Advertisement
Back