Off-Topic Archeological Finds

I am a numismatist, and have an extensive collection, mostly of paper. I have bills with pictures of the Shah, Kemal Ataturk, etc. etc.

Advertisement
Can one still obtain DNA from a mummy?
Supposedly the older it is, the more broken down the DNA becomes.

That's why they always talk about the frozen Siberian mammoths.

Advertisement
Can one still obtain DNA from a mummy?
100% absolutely.

Mummies in particular, because of how well they’re preserved still have a ton of soft tissue & fibers that make DNA genome sequencing a lot more accurate in modern times. So forensic pathologists are able to tell a lot of information about how they lived, their diet, the environment they lived in, their relative overall health (like diseases etc), physical dimensions, hair & eye color & a sh*t ton more...

1676163774858.gif

Advertisement
Found these Historic Trade Beads 2yrs ago near Lake Apopka....probably 500-600yrs old and European. A few ft away I found this jaw. Talk about freaking out. Most likely a settler or Spaniard. Definitely not an Indian, or from someone recent.View attachment 230234View attachment 230235
Do you ever sell any of your findings to museums or do you keep them all?

You could probably make a lot of money selling those artifacts to researchers

Do you ever sell any of your findings to museums or do you keep them all?

You could probably make a lot of money selling those artifacts to researchers
I make wayyyyyy more $$$$ at shows, or to a few Mega Rich collectors. I have donated many Arrowheads to UCF over the yrs. My #1 Client is one of the original Developers of the Villages. He's bought $60,000 worth of stuff from me in the last 5yrs. He's been buying Entire and partial collections in the state the past 6yrs.

Advertisement
I make wayyyyyy more $$$$ at shows, or to a few Mega Rich collectors. I have donated many Arrowheads to UCF over the yrs. My #1 Client is one of the original Developers of the Villages. He's bought $60,000 worth of stuff from me in the last 5yrs. He's been buying Entire and partial collections in the state the past 6yrs.
That’s good sh*t

Advertisement
Learned about Göbekli Tepe not too long ago reading Graham Hancock. Pretty fascinating IMO. Massive ruins in Turkey only partially excavated. Dating back some 13k years - back when we were primitive 'hunter-gatherers'. I absolutely believe we're a species with amnesia.

Göbekli Tepe: The World's First Religious Temple - The Fountain ...

1676514257097.png

1676514282171.png

Learned about Göbekli Tepe not too long ago reading Graham Hancock. Pretty fascinating IMO. Massive ruins in Turkey only partially excavated. Dating back some 13k years - back when we were primitive 'hunter-gatherers'. I absolutely believe we're a species with amnesia.

Göbekli Tepe: The World's First Religious Temple - The Fountain ...'s First Religious Temple - The Fountain ...
View attachment 230268
View attachment 230269

There is a show on Netflix called The Gift about the site, season one is excellent

Advertisement
Back