April 1 vs FSU 2PM ACCNX Game-2

Advertisement
The FSU starter is making his first start of the year, but has two relief appearances of five or more innings

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Make him throw change-up for a strike or we will struggle.
You’re right. He’s really having trouble locating it. I’d love to see a strike percentage breakdown of that versus the fastball.

You’re right. He’s really having trouble locating it. I’d love to see a strike percentage breakdown of that versus the fastball.
His problem is trying to pull everything like most of our guys with high strikeouts. The strikeout pitch was was outside and his hips were pointed to right center field when they should have been pointed to LF if he was going with the pitch. The hips will tell you where the swing is.

Advertisement
I just want to see what this team looks like with no offesnsive or defensive errors.
Happy College Baseball GIF by LSU Tigers

His problem is trying to pull everything like most of our guys with high strikeouts. The strikeout pitch was was outside and his hips were pointed to right center field when they should have been pointed to LF if he was going with the pitch. The hips will tell you where the swing is.
This is exactly our problem with 2 strike hitting. The approach doesn't change. They should think opposite field because 9/10 times the pitcher is going to pitch away with fastball or offspeed.

The announcers have talked about Pitelli making the change to think more opposite field "staying on the ball." The other guys should take notice.

Advertisement
Back