Apr 10 at Pittsburgh 3pm ACCNX

Pack your bags. We ain’t playing a regional in Miami. What a joke. This team isnt good. Spend your time elsewhere.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thanks again Miami admin for getting us in this joke of a conference. The ACC was nothing except for roundball before Miami joined it, and we've been nothing but screwed ever since by tobacco road. They laugh at us.

Lol at 2 seed. We got Clemson coming to town and we’re going to NC. Anybody believe we’re winning those series? I don’t. Maybe 2 out of 3 from Clemson but def not NC. Not including a series with Louisville at Louisville to end the season.

Not that this is the only problem, but I don’t understand why Lala is the lead off hitter. He’s not a very good hitter and needs to be in the 9 hole. We again had to pinch hit for him late in the game. Gino, if you are pinch hitting for your lead off hitter in the 9th, then you have the wrong guy hitting lead off.

I’d prefer to see Vilar, Morales, ADC, CDC, Toral, Gil, Rivera, Pitelli, Lala.

It’s absurd to have Lala in position to have the most at bats in these games by hitting first.

Not that this is the only problem, but I don’t understand why Lala is the lead off hitter. He’s not a very good hitter and needs to be in the 9 hole. We again had to pinch hit for him late in the game. Gino, if you are pinch hitting for your lead off hitter in the 9th, then you have the wrong guy hitting lead off.

It’s absurd to have Lala in position to have the most at bats in these games by hitting first.
Yeah I couldn't agree more, Vilar or CDC would be a huge improvement as the leadoff guy.

Advertisement
Lol at 2 seed. We got Clemson coming to town and we’re going to NC. Anybody believe we’re winning those series? I don’t. Maybe 2 out of 3 from Clemson but def not NC. Not including a series with Louisville at Louisville to end the season.
I'm not saying we'll beat UNC but they are far from unbeatable. They'll be 9-11 in conference play if they lose to Duke today. They have a definite ace in Love and two freshman on Saturday and Sunday. It's a tossup series

Are we still good at Men's Diving? Maybe we can have a thread on that.

Baseball above all others should be our bread and butter sport because of where we are. Our sports are just mediocre at best at the U when back in the day we were ruling sports like baseball. Regional winners like clockwork. Disappointing to say the least.

Fine with this. I like it better than moving CDC up out of a primary RBI spot which is the main alternative. I wouldn’t be opposed to giving Lala the day off and starting Born or Thomas in the outfield today either. Pitching has been the primary driver of this weekend’s problems but a little more spark on offense wouldn’t hurt.

Advertisement
Yeah I couldn't agree more, Vilar or CDC would be a huge improvement as the leadoff guy.
If Gil can get it going, you could also hit him 5 and Toral 6. That would better break up the LH/RH bats as 2 and 5 would be RH.

At any rate, Lala can’t hit one at this level. He has a terrible swing and approach given what his skill set is. ****, I’d feel better with Pitelli at one than Lala. At least Pitelli has an appropriate swing and approach for the type of hitter he is.

I just posted on this. I would have them 8/9 and bump everybody up a spot. But, Pitelli is no doubt a better option right now than Lala. Look who got a hit in the 9th and look at who got hit for. Says a lot.
It seems like over last month plus, even when he is getting outs he’s hitting the ball hard and putting pressure on the defense

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back