Apparently Texas A&M stole LSU DC John Chavis

King Slayer

Junior
Purgatory
Glenn Guilbeau ‏@LSUBeatTweet 2h2 hours ago
"I can tell you John Chavis was very productive for us. He had a great career at LSU," Miles said of DC John Chavis, apparently TA&M bound

Meanwhile at Miami it is a process. Kids still learning the system and deserving victory.

Advertisement
From what I read on the webs, 1.7m/yr for Chavis, or basically just a few hundred k short of what Golden is making as a HC. SEC plays on a whole 'nuther level when it comes to salaries.

Advertisement
From what I read on the webs, 1.7m/yr for Chavis, or basically just a few hundred k short of what Golden is making as a HC. SEC plays on a whole 'nuther level when it comes to salaries.

And it shows on the field, in their fan bases and their revenue. They all want what we had.

Don't even give our lame BOT and AD the "money" argument to hide behind. Butch Davis was about to coach FIU for $500K a year. We wouldn't have to break the bank to get him and he wants to be here. Plus he's a top notch recruiter and legendary figure at UM. There is no excuse not to make the move.

I think the prevent would work for LSU sign up Dorito. I mean he coached the 14 ranked defense in the country and according to Golden we had no depth and never executed. Imagine what he could do if he went there and actually got guys to execute

Advertisement
Actually sign up Golden since it was his defense and then Dorito can be LB coach, or DL coach whichever they are having more issues at. LSUs DL frog stance looked a little off I think he would fix it in a week

The money being spent in college ball is becoming, IMO, out of control.

It's reminding me more and more of MLB, which has seen it's popularity dramatically decrease. Teams with the most money buy the best coaches and staffs.

In addition, I find it absurd that Michigan, by spending 40+ million dollars, is essentially taking away from the NFC head coaching pool. It's out of control. There should be a salary cap and a salary floor for the power five conferences.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back