App State Tailgate

Advertisement
If you're talking an organized by UM tailgate, I can't be of assistance. If you're looking for general tailgating information for visiting fans, I'm happy to share info on those options.

If you're talking an organized by UM tailgate, I can't be of assistance. If you're looking for general tailgating information for visiting fans, I'm happy to share info on those options.

Thanks for the offer! Where would you park there? Or do you park at Tanger and get a shuttle bus?

Thanks for the offer! Where would you park there? Or do you park at Tanger and get a shuttle bus?

Parking at Tanger would be farther than I'd expect the Appalcart (Boone's bus line) to run. Home - Downtown Boone will give you info on downtown Boone parking details. Be sure you click on the parking and scroll to the bottom of the page for gameday parking info. My vote would generally be for the Watauga Social Services lot on Poplar Grove Connector. It's a flat (by Boone standards) walk to the stadium and usually has shuttles running.

All campus lots are reserved for App State booster club donors. The basics on prohibited items in the stadium, tailgating, parking (will show you what is restricted to Yosef members) can be found at Tailgate At The Rock - Tailgate and Parking Info - Appalachian State Mountaineers | Official Athletics Site

Regardless of where you plan to park, plan on being early. This is one game I'm definitely glad for my Yosef Club parking pass!

We'll know more as the game gets closer. I'm guessing they might make the old high school location available with shuttles to the stadium. There will have to be some serious planning to handle all the people who will be in town that weekend. I'll be sure to provide updates as we get them.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Parking at Tanger would be farther than I'd expect the Appalcart (Boone's bus line) to run. Home - Downtown Boone will give you info on downtown Boone parking details. Be sure you click on the parking and scroll to the bottom of the page for gameday parking info. My vote would generally be for the Watauga Social Services lot on Poplar Grove Connector. It's a flat (by Boone standards) walk to the stadium and usually has shuttles running.

All campus lots are reserved for App State booster club donors. The basics on prohibited items in the stadium, tailgating, parking (will show you what is restricted to Yosef members) can be found at Tailgate At The Rock - Tailgate and Parking Info - Appalachian State Mountaineers | Official Athletics Site

Regardless of where you plan to park, plan on being early. This is one game I'm definitely glad for my Yosef Club parking pass!

We'll know more as the game gets closer. I'm guessing they might make the old high school location available with shuttles to the stadium. There will have to be some serious planning to handle all the people who will be in town that weekend. I'll be sure to provide updates as we get them.
cheers AppFan82 for any info should be a great day for tailgating.

What about a corner of the Boone Mall parking lot....could also walk from there if necessary (if no shuttle).

What about a corner of the Boone Mall parking lot....could also walk from there if necessary (if no shuttle).

Boone Mall has prohibited tailgating in the past. We'll have to see what the athletic department works out for the extra fans and their vehicles.

Advertisement
Back