Delly CF
Yoyo SS
Del RF
Gil DH
Toral 1B
Perez C
Pitelli SS
Lala LF

Gino out here trying everything. He gets some credit for this from me.
Not having a set rotation 85% through the season is on him as well. Sure he is trying to change it up (it's too late) but he made the original rotation. He knows it looks bad to be the #1 ranked team at one point and then possibly miss the postseason. I imagine he is not sleeping well right about now.

Advertisement
Not having a set rotation 85% through the season is on him as well. Sure he is trying to change it up (it's too late) but he made the original rotation. He knows it looks bad to be the #1 ranked team at one point and then possibly miss the postseason. I imagine he is not sleeping well right about now.
Midly disagree. He’d have a set rotation if they’d perform

Midly disagree. He’d have a set rotation if they’d perform
He had all off season to see who could perform, obviously he chose wrong. Some is on the kids but more is on him and JD. They recruited the players, they coach the players, they pick who starts. They are responsible for the worst pitching Hurricanes staff I have seen in 20plus years of following the program.

Sure put some on the kids, but know where the bulk of it falls.

He had all off season to see who could perform, obviously he chose wrong. Some is on the kids but more is on him and JD. They recruited the players, they coach the players, they pick who starts. They are responsible for the worst pitching Hurricanes staff I have seen in 20plus years of following the program.

Sure put some on the kids, but know where the bulk of it falls.
I guess the question is how affective should certain guys be? That’s the real debate. Obviously we think guys like mederos and Rosario should be better but how much better?

Advertisement
I guess the question is how affective should certain guys be? That’s the real debate. Obviously we think guys like mederos and Rosario should be better but how much better?
Sure, no issue with that. Unfortunately it all falls back on Gino and JD, not 18 years olds with electric arms that are struggling in a position they should never be in.

Sure, no issue with that. Unfortunately it all falls back on Gino and JD, not 18 years olds with electric arms that are struggling in a position they should never be in.
Right but your top 3 guys got drafted, logic says go with experience. He tried that, Fed failed then he tries the two frosh they’re subpar. Same thing with lineup.

Right but your top 3 guys got drafted, logic says go with experience. He tried that, Fed failed then he tries the two frosh they’re subpar. Same thing with lineup.

But he knew that was a possibility, he failed us by not signing/developing guys that could bridge the gap pitching wise. Then he sits AMac all year and now the last 2 weeks of the season he is your Friday night guy??? Come on, same thing with our hitters regressing.

The writing is on the wall, just needs to be read. That's my take, I'm putting WAY MORE on Gino and JD than teenage kids.

But he knew that was a possibility, he failed us by not signing/developing guys that could bridge the gap pitching wise. Then he sits AMac all year and now the last 2 weeks of the season he is your Friday night guy??? Come on, same thing with our hitters regressing.

The writing is on the wall, just needs to be read. That's my take, I'm putting WAY MORE on Gino and JD than teenage kids.
I don’t disagree but I think it’s a bigger gap to bridge than you think.

Advertisement
I don’t disagree but I think it’s a bigger gap to bridge than you think.
It's a huge gap for sure. But watch Vandy, they will lose two ELITE starters far greater than any of the 3 we lost and the #1 and #2 picks in the 2021 MLB draft. Want to make a wager their starters ERA next season is not north of 6.50?

He knew them all 3 leaving was a possibility, and he dropped the ball. Can he pick it back up????

No need to discuss this anymore, you put more on the kids, I put more on the coaching staff. It's cool to disagree.

I’m curious had the freshman all gone pro would you call them teenagers or badass prospects? Cause honestly if last years draft was longer they wouldn’t be here. I think the psyche is all messed up. Half the lineup wanted to be drafted last year. They’re frustrated they’re back. Just my opinion

I’m curious had the freshman all gone pro would you call them teenagers or badass prospects? Cause honestly if last years draft was longer they wouldn’t be here. I think the psyche is all messed up. Half the lineup wanted to be drafted last year. They’re frustrated they’re back. Just my opinion
Yes, they are by all expert rankings "plus prospects", does not matter where you go after HS, you are ranked what you are ranked. Not sure what the point is there.

They would still be here IMO, they were not Top round picks, so they may have still signed. Same as YoYo

Advertisement
It's a huge gap for sure. But watch Vandy, they will lose two ELITE starters far greater than any of the 3 we lost and the #1 and #2 picks in the 2021 MLB draft. Want to make a wager their starters ERA next season is not north of 6.50?

He knew them all 3 leaving was a possibility, and he dropped the ball. Can he pick it back up????

No need to discuss this anymore, you put more on the kids, I put more on the coaching staff. It's cool to disagree.
The vandy thing is diff those guys are getting bullpen innings not starter innings like our guys.

The guys behind rocker and leiter get to ease into it
OK, we will just disagree here man, good talk though.

You still don't grasp they "get to ease into it" because the HEAD COACH AND STAFF recruited them to be eased in. They did not expect true freshman to have to fill the void, they recruited FOR THE FUTURE.

You see????

Advertisement
Back