Apologies - this L is on me

AutoCANE

My name is my name.
Premium
Realized when I got home on Saturday that in my rush to get out the door I neglected to wear my orange and green gameday draws. What an oversight....I'm gutted. This L is entirely on me.

Accordingly, my wife removed said draws during the A & M game to bob the ol' ****, right before TS had an out of body experience on that punt.

So, in short, I am the single point of accountability for this loss. The unseen energy they radiate to infuse the team with the strength of 100 men was absent on Saturday, and I sincerely apologize. I will put my nose back to the grindstone, and promise to be better going forward.

Go Canes.

Advertisement
Sad In A Box GIF

Advertisement
Realized when I got home on Saturday that in my rush to get out the door I neglected to wear my orange and green gameday draws. What an oversight....I'm gutted. This L is entirely on me.

Accordingly, my wife removed said draws during the A & M game to bob the ol' ****, right before TS had an out of body experience on that punt.

So, in short, I am the single point of accountability for this loss. The unseen energy they radiate to infuse the team with the strength of 100 men was absent on Saturday, and I sincerely apologize. I will put my nose back to the grindstone, and promise to be better going forward.

Go Canes.
this is a relief. I was worried that my orange and green gameday draws had lost their good juju -- but i'll have to wait before burning them to see if it was really due to your mistake. i'll promise to wear mine for UNC if you promise to wear yours.

Go Canes.

Could have been me, brother. I didn't have the courage to bring it up earlier, but I got one of those new Miami Nights trucker hats from the Hurricane Club in the mail last week and I wore it to the game on Saturday for the first time ever. I did this notwithstanding the fact I immediately noticed the lime green and red-orange colors do not match our actual team colors. In retrospect, I'm not sure it was actually sent by the Hurricane Club and think it may have been cursed and sent to me by our rivals.

Since returning from the game, the hat has been quarantined away from all my other UM gear and memorabilia in a sealed glass container of purified water, where it will remain until season's end. At the end of the season, I have invited three of the foremost Santeros from some of the most well-respected botanicas in Little Havana to my home to perform la limpieza on the hat, my home, and myself (just in case). All necessary sacrifices to Ochun will be made.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back