Apart from health, what changes/improvement do you want to see after the bye week

GeminiCane

Recruit
Premium
Joined
Nov 5, 2011
Messages
160
For me, I'd like to see more Congdon LG, start rotating in JC into a tackle spot, less blitzing (which will happen as we get healthier on the back end), more Pistol, outside runs, more Lyle and more of Upshaw/Jacobs (suspect ND will have Moore follow Toney)
 
I’m not sure I’ll ever fully understand why we don’t just live in the pistol. The evidence suggests it is far and away our best running formation, specifically with Fletch.

I’d also personally love to see Cantwell at the right tackle spot and McCoy kick inside to his more natural guard spot, with Congdon at left guard
 
I think Congdon has solidified himself at LG. For me it’s more pistol and less RPO just let the o line fire off and maul teams. Also I want Fitz back at safety soon. I get they needed him at corner but once Lucas and/or Antoine come back get him back patrolling the backend.
 
- Improve tackling
- More creative runs plays (a toss or sweep or something)
- WR's 2, 3, and 4 (Cooper, Upshaw, and Dre) to continue to be more involved. It can't all be Mali to go deep in the playoffs.
- More pressure when its only the front 4.
 
-Get more creative with Mali to keep teams honest

-move the pocket more for Mensah

- Thornton move to left bench

- wingo needs more snaps
 
It has to be just continued improvement across the Oline. Need Upshaw, Cooper, and Wingo to continue to improve. Clemson DBs could be the best we face all season, including ND though.

Just get healthy on D. I trust in Hetherman to make that D elite with the correct pieces in order.
 
Defense:

get off the field more on 3rd downs

Make the tackle when the blitzer comes flying in and has a clean shot at the sack (I say this fully understanding we had 6 sacks against Clemson)

Offense:

More of the ball in Lofton’s hands. When healthy, he’s a physical, Swiss Army knife
 
- Thornton move to left bench

I love it. Thornton is just the next guy fans are directing all their hate toward. What’s going to happen? He’ll come out of the bye and be a huge part of the defense in the second half of the year.
 
We need to tackle better.. And we need to be more explosive, we are falling into playing in a small box, DBs arent even back pedaling on plays, literally squatting on our routes because we not even taking shots.. I think last game Mensah was ADOT of 3 yards.. We need to be better
 
Back
Top