AP poll out

Advertisement
Sad Will Ferrell GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
They get a lucky win at home. It’s not like they went out on the road or neutral environment and played a tough game and somehow go from unranked to #12. LOL!!

SEC, SEC, SEC!!

Meanwhile, FSpooo didn’t even make it top 25 (Fvk ‘Em!) but if LSU would’ve won in the end, they would for sure be in top 25 around #20.

They get a lucky win at home. It’s not like they went out on the road or neutral environment and played a tough game and somehow go from unranked to #12. LOL!!

SEC, SEC, SEC!!

Meanwhile, FSpooo didn’t even make it top 25 (Fvk ‘Em!) but if LSU would’ve won in the end, they would for sure be in top 25 around #20.
100% truth

Advertisement
That is a pretty big jump, but let's revisit what people were saying here before that match up.

Utah, they're going to wipe the floor with them. The Gates aren't **** and will lose 4 or 5. Nobody was saying it needed to be a neutral field or proclaiming they should win because it's at Florida. Last year we heard all about the Utes amazing staff as they beat the tar out of our new guy. Yes, it's a different season and rosters do change, but nobody gave them a chance here.

Utah was ranked what, 7? Obviously many felt the same as many of us. I didn't see them winning that game and no matter how it played out (I didn't watch), they still won.

Is that deserving of a #12 ranking? I don't know. It'll all work itself out in the end.

We get nothing out of the BC game. We looked crisp and did what we were supposed to. I know, we didn't shut them out and people are up in arms about various things defensively, but it's early and there's always work to be done.

They shouldn’t even issue a poll until a few games into the season, maybe a month. I know that doesn’t fit their agenda with hyping Top10 or Top25 matchups to start the season but it’s the best way to make it meaningful.

Advertisement
They shouldn’t even issue a poll until a few games into the season, maybe a month. I know that doesn’t fit their agenda with hyping Top10 or Top25 matchups to start the season but it’s the best way to make it meaningful.

Agree.

It also makes every game mean more IMO as your results will be reflected in the first poll that comes out.

Then again, when does the BCS come out? While not perfect, it seems to do a better job of sorting out bias.

Who cares about first 3 weeks of polls?

Wait until a few games have been played before you worry too much

None of it matters until the CFP rankings. These early polls are 1) Marketing and 2) a weekly indication of more or less what the CFP poll will look like come week 6 or whenever it drops with a surprise here or there

Advertisement
Back