Anyone

imurcane

Banned
Banned
Is there anyone who could coach our Canes to a national championship given the current climate, culture, and admin at the university? If so who? If Nick Saban came to Coral Gables how long would it take for him to win a title?

Advertisement
Second year? I don't know. I think we are plenty talented. But our OL has underachieved. And I wonder if our talented juniors would still jump ship? That means it is one recruiting class plus what is on the roster now. Don't think we could compete with the SEC in two years.

Malzahn would have this way different than Golden

Admin isnt the reason we are terribly coached

Advertisement
With Sabah being able to walk down the street and get talent he could do it in his second year for sure

Advertisement
Second year? I don't know. I think we are plenty talented. But our OL has underachieved. And I wonder if our talented juniors would still jump ship? That means it is one recruiting class plus what is on the roster now. Don't think we could compete with the SEC in two years.

Alabama had an undefeated regular season his second season there and they probably had less talent on their roster than UM does now. We have a much easier conference. They went 5-7 the season before he got there.

A bunch of the big name guys would be illegal in Miami

This soft Northeast football we are playing is a joke.

Malzahn almost won a national title with a team that had just gone 3-9. His "system" is winning. He would have raped here.

Donna shaala and Butch Davis relationship is like Lebron and Cavs owner Dan Gilbert if Lebron and Dan can meet and work through things why can't Donna and Butch if Lebron can forgive and back to Cleveland hopefully donna can forgive they both need one another i can see it now Espn: "Breaking News University of Miami hire Butch Davis back at the U" espn show a picture of south beach erupting and then Butch release a statement # Iam Coming Home..

Advertisement
Shalala wasn't in on the bad faith negotiation that led to Butch leaving.

She didn't start here until 2001.

So there should be no bad blood between the two. It should be approached as a business deal.

Butch can win, we need to win.

With Butch, it requires no leap of faith, no guessing, no surmising, and no risk.

Advertisement
Malzahn? We don't even have a QB to run his system.

He doesn't need a mobile QB, he has ran multiple styles of play and been successful with all of them. When he was the OC at Tulsa in 2007 his QB had 544 attempts, 5,000 yards and 47 TDs. The guy is a offensive guru.

We make the playoff though, no joke. Obviously fantasy land but, Saban gets hired and none of the juniors including Duke declare, and AQM is guaranteed back. He runs the 3-4 anyway, but not this Richard Simmons version we see. Jenkins and Huertelou are come back, and Wyche will be conditioned, NT is in the best shape it has been in God knows how long. Kaaya has a full year under his belt. In he meantime FSU will lose Jaboo 'scrong' Winston and very well a bunch of defensive talent on the DL and secondary. The ACC is ripe next year, yes FSU will reload but it will be the weakest team since 2011 they have fielded. That would just be the first year, the hype from the first year brings in a monster class and watch we would land the JUCO beasts on the DL, going into a junior campaign for Kaaya.

We need to be proactive about all of this, but knowning this program, no way that actually happens. It is obvious that Golden isnt the guy, painfully obvious. If we wait to long we will end up being in the same position as when Randy was fired, where there will be no talent and nobody willing to coach here. We have the talent on our roster right now that is better than everybody but FSU, and they will be reloading anyway. This time around if we dont revert to being reactive but rather proactive, I know we could land the right coach. Now keep in mind this coach would not be here for the long haul, Im talking 4-5 years max. With a competent coach right now, there is no doubt that we are 4-0 right now.

We make the playoff though, no joke. Obviously fantasy land but, Saban gets hired and none of the juniors including Duke declare, and AQM is guaranteed back. He runs the 3-4 anyway, but not this Richard Simmons version we see. Jenkins and Huertelou are come back, and Wyche will be conditioned, NT is in the best shape it has been in God knows how long. Kaaya has a full year under his belt. In he meantime FSU will lose Jaboo 'scrong' Winston and very well a bunch of defensive talent on the DL and secondary. The ACC is ripe next year, yes FSU will reload but it will be the weakest team since 2011 they have fielded. That would just be the first year, the hype from the first year brings in a monster class and watch we would land the JUCO beasts on the DL, going into a junior campaign for Kaaya.

We need to be proactive about all of this, but knowning this program, no way that actually happens. It is obvious that Golden isnt the guy, painfully obvious. If we wait to long we will end up being in the same position as when Randy was fired, where there will be no talent and nobody willing to coach here. We have the talent on our roster right now that is better than everybody but FSU, and they will be reloading anyway. This time around if we dont revert to being reactive but rather proactive, I know we could land the right coach. Now keep in mind this coach would not be here for the long haul, Im talking 4-5 years max. With a competent coach right now, there is no doubt that we are 4-0 right now.

You substitute Saban with Butch, and there's no fantasy to it.

Advertisement
Back