Anyone with Canesport access?

So you have 1 linebacker committed from the ENTIRE STATE OF FLORIDA...

and we may get 2 of the top 3 in the state of new jersey

This is what is wrong with our recruiting....

Not the top athlete in Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, California...Jersey...

EXXXXXXXXXXXXXACTLY!!!!!! We poaching "top" kids from Jersey...which is equivalent to a mid level kid in Texas, Louisiana, Alabama and a bottom tier kid in CA and So. Fla. Do you see USC poaching "top" kids from Jersey or New York?? Nope, they poach all top talent across So. California. Do you see LSU poaching top kids from Jersey?? Nope, they poaching top kids from the South. What about FSU? When is the last time you seen them actively pursing a "top" kid from Jersey? They too busy in our back yard. See, that's the problem w/ Golden and his East Coast Biased Staff. He's trying to bring an East Coast football mentality to So. Fla. We are f'd until he and Shalala are gone far, FAR, away from this program.

Well actually you are incorrect on a few points. Alabama has a commitment from Minkah Fitzpatrick from NJ. FSU is recruiting him heavily. Last year, FSU took a commitment from Ryan Izzo, a TE from NJ. In 2013, LSU took Tashawn Bower from NJ. There are a lot more players but I think the point has been made.

You mention USC but they actually took a lot of players from New Jersey during their run in the 2000s, like Dwayne Jarrett, Brian Cushing, Antwine Perez, etc...

There are really good football players in New Jersey. The problem is that Al Golden and staff cannot coach any player up no matter where they are from. Golden could have a roster of entirely 5* players and still lose 2-3 games a year. So there is no need to disparage all recruits from New Jersey in order to take a swipe at Golden. It is not their fault that Golden cannot coach worth a ****.

My fault, I wasn't saying that Jersey kids were bad, but let's not act like Jersey is all of a sudden a football king. Jersey and NY are known for b-ball, not football. Yes, they have a couple of guys from there that can ball, but let's be real...the U wasn't based upon recruiting in the East. The U was built on that fence around So. Fla and then cherry picking in CA, TX, LA, and across the landscape...but HOME was priority or atleast close to home. We're not recruiting close to home nearly as effectively and all of our home grown talent is playing for OSU, FSU, Bama, and some at LSU. For God's sake, they call sun-life stadium Doak Walker South now b/c FSU is that entrenched in our back yard. We're building fences in Jersey where that fence should be here. That's all I'm saying.

Advertisement
So you have 1 linebacker committed from the ENTIRE STATE OF FLORIDA...

and we may get 2 of the top 3 in the state of new jersey

This is what is wrong with our recruiting....

Not the top athlete in Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, California...Jersey...

EXXXXXXXXXXXXXACTLY!!!!!! We poaching "top" kids from Jersey...which is equivalent to a mid level kid in Texas, Louisiana, Alabama and a bottom tier kid in CA and So. Fla. Do you see USC poaching "top" kids from Jersey or New York?? Nope, they poach all top talent across So. California. Do you see LSU poaching top kids from Jersey?? Nope, they poaching top kids from the South. What about FSU? When is the last time you seen them actively pursing a "top" kid from Jersey? They too busy in our back yard. See, that's the problem w/ Golden and his East Coast Biased Staff. He's trying to bring an East Coast football mentality to So. Fla. We are f'd until he and Shalala are gone far, FAR, away from this program.

Well actually you are incorrect on a few points. Alabama has a commitment from Minkah Fitzpatrick from NJ. FSU is recruiting him heavily. Last year, FSU took a commitment from Ryan Izzo, a TE from NJ. In 2013, LSU took Tashawn Bower from NJ. There are a lot more players but I think the point has been made.

You mention USC but they actually took a lot of players from New Jersey during their run in the 2000s, like Dwayne Jarrett, Brian Cushing, Antwine Perez, etc...

There are really good football players in New Jersey. The problem is that Al Golden and staff cannot coach any player up no matter where they are from. Golden could have a roster of entirely 5* players and still lose 2-3 games a year. So there is no need to disparage all recruits from New Jersey in order to take a swipe at Golden. It is not their fault that Golden cannot coach worth a ****.

My fault, I wasn't saying that Jersey kids were bad, but let's not act like Jersey is all of a sudden a football king. Jersey and NY are known for b-ball, not football. Yes, they have a couple of guys from there that can ball, but let's be real...the U wasn't based upon recruiting in the East. The U was built on that fence around So. Fla and then cherry picking in CA, TX, LA, and across the landscape...but HOME was priority or atleast close to home. We're not recruiting close to home nearly as effectively and all of our home grown talent is playing for OSU, FSU, Bama, and some at LSU. For God's sake, they call sun-life stadium Doak Walker South now b/c FSU is that entrenched in our back yard. We're building fences in Jersey where that fence should be here. That's all I'm saying.

You sound like you're stuck in the 90's.
I'm done with south florida divas if we had a real coach we could win with any hungry recruits. Acting like Jersey kids aren't hungry. Please!

Advertisement
Back