Anyone with Canesport access?

Advertisement
Canesport had a couple interesting tweets today. Anyone with access care to elaborate for the rest of us? Here are the links:

https://twitter.com/canesport/status/552133087728254976

https://twitter.com/canesport/status/551782316339519488

dont have a subscribtion but Brightwell has been crystaled balled here and its likely he will choose us. us getting brighwell will mean we get the 2 of the top 3 LB's in jersey Gordiner and Brightwell.

Benji Victor top 3 has remain the same for a while now

Bama,Ohio State, Canes. he is a Canes fan but he is high interest in Bama n Ohio State.

Miami is in top three with Pitt, and Mich St.

Brightwell says he expects to take an official visit to Miami the weekend of Jan. 16 and that he'll also visit Pittsburgh this month.

Unofficially visited Mich St.

Probably announce after Miami and Pitt visit(s)

Coach Mark D'Onofrio is recruiting him to UM.

Coach D has a connection he coached and or recruited two of the guys that coach him in HS

He is high on UM..

Miami is in top three with Pitt, and Mich St.

Brightwell says he expects to take an official visit to Miami the weekend of Jan. 16 and that he'll also visit Pittsburgh this month.

Unofficially visited Mich St.

Probably announce after Miami and Pitt visit(s)

Coach Mark D'Onofrio is recruiting him to UM.

Coach D has a connection he coached and or recruited two of the guys that coach him in HS

He is high on UM..

Good info. Hopefully he'll escape the Pat Narduzzi tractor beam. That guy is a **** of a coach. I'm from Michigan and have watched him completely transform the Michigan State defense. Fingers crossed.

Advertisement
So you have 1 linebacker committed from the ENTIRE STATE OF FLORIDA...

and we may get 2 of the top 3 in the state of new jersey

This is what is wrong with our recruiting....

Not the top athlete in Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, California...Jersey...

he has mizzou, mich state, and nebraska offers. he also plays for a pretty good program. i would take him over the red bank kid

Advertisement
I would also add in Brightwell's teammate 2015 S/LB Najee Clayton who can play that hybrid DB/LB role. His recruitment is blowing up, an I wouldn't be surprised to see Miami throw a hat in the recruiting ring as well for Clayton's services, because at the moment UM is needing to realistic about our recruiting options that are still available and more importantly have mutual interest.

Here is a link to a CIS thread about Clayton
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/84333-2015-DB-Najee-Clayton-as-a-late-UM-Prospect?highlight=Najee+Clayton

Go Canes

Last edited:
Bright well said high on Miami, but has to see other schools. Pitt and MSU are in his top 3 with us according to article.

Binjamen Victor says Miami will make his final 3.

EXXXXXXXXXXXXXACTLY!!!!!! We poaching "top" kids from Jersey...which is equivalent to a mid level kid in Texas, Louisiana, Alabama and a bottom tier kid in CA and So. Fla. Do you see USC poaching "top" kids from Jersey or New York?? Nope, they poach all top talent across So. California. Do you see LSU poaching top kids from Jersey?? Nope, they poaching top kids from the South. What about FSU? When is the last time you seen them actively pursing a "top" kid from Jersey? They too busy in our back yard. See, that's the problem w/ Golden and his East Coast Biased Staff. He's trying to bring an East Coast football mentality to So. Fla. We are f'd until he and Shalala are gone far, FAR, away from this program.

Advertisement

EXXXXXXXXXXXXXACTLY!!!!!! We poaching "top" kids from Jersey...which is equivalent to a mid level kid in Texas, Louisiana, Alabama and a bottom tier kid in CA and So. Fla. Do you see USC poaching "top" kids from Jersey or New York?? Nope, they poach all top talent across So. California. Do you see LSU poaching top kids from Jersey?? Nope, they poaching top kids from the South. What about FSU? When is the last time you seen them actively pursing a "top" kid from Jersey? They too busy in our back yard. See, that's the problem w/ Golden and his East Coast Biased Staff. He's trying to bring an East Coast football mentality to So. Fla. We are f'd until he and Shalala are gone far, FAR, away from this program.

Well actually you are incorrect on a few points. Alabama has a commitment from Minkah Fitzpatrick from NJ. FSU is recruiting him heavily. Last year, FSU took a commitment from Ryan Izzo, a TE from NJ. In 2013, LSU took Tashawn Bower from NJ. There are a lot more players but I think the point has been made.

You mention USC but they actually took a lot of players from New Jersey during their run in the 2000s, like Dwayne Jarrett, Brian Cushing, Antwine Perez, etc...

There are really good football players in New Jersey. The problem is that Al Golden and staff cannot coach any player up no matter where they are from. Golden could have a roster of entirely 5* players and still lose 2-3 games a year. So there is no need to disparage all recruits from New Jersey in order to take a swipe at Golden. It is not their fault that Golden cannot coach worth a ****.

Did you all look at the starting lineup for the 2001 greatest team of all time?
Dorsey.James.Shockey. mcKinnie.Reed. and a lot of others NOT from sfla.
Dont get me wrong....its the best place for recruits....but its a new global world out there...times do change.

Advertisement
i remember thinking knowshown moreno couldnt play in sec and he was great at UGA. it depends, sometimes u find studs.

70% of the 2001 team starters were not from South Florida. There are football players everywhere.

The weather in January should help the Canes out. And let me say I don't give a %£¥€ where someone is from as long as they can ball.

So would you have taken Will Hill?

Advertisement
Back