Anyone who says "kids aren't stupid"....

TheSwagger1

Retired staff
Premium
... has never followed the recruiting process.

"Stupid" is probably too negative a word, but you can replace it with "ridiculously naive".

Just read the following quote from K Brown:
"I honestly just wanted to get out of Miami and I think it will help keep myself out of trouble. That was a major reason too, to protect myself from getting into trouble."

This seems to be getting more and more play the last 5 years from these kids bailing to places like Clemson, Auburn, Illinois, New Mexico (?), LSU..... THOSE kind of schools.

If you can't move to Coral Gables and stay out of trouble then you're going to get in trouble anywhere. Just tired of that theme/quote from kids who are being taken advantage of by adults.

Advertisement

"Stupid" is probably too negative a word, but you can replace it with "ridiculously naive".

"I honestly just wanted to get out of Miami and I think it will help keep myself out of trouble. That was a major reason too, to protect myself from getting into trouble."

This seems to be getting more and more play the last 5 years from these kids bailing to places like Clemson, Auburn, Illinois, New Mexico (?), LSU..... THOSE kind of schools.

If you can't move to Coral Gables and stay out of trouble then you're going to get in trouble anywhere. Just tired of that theme/quote from kids who are being taken advantage of by adults.

Trust me. Its got nothing to do with trouble.

Yeah I think he's just trying to justify his recent de-commitment. It was a family thing to get his bro a scholarship offer, nothing more, which I don't have a problem with.

The kid just doesn't wanna admit his mom forced that decision on him and is just making up excuses. Can't really blame him. Feel bad for him that he doesn't get to go where he wants to.

Whether it's an excuse for the interview (likely) or he and his mom really bought into it, it's ridiculously stupid to put out in an interview and makes it sound like our school is a place where kids are going to automatically get in trouble (the height of absurdity). It's getting trotted out with relative frequency by some of these Dade kids bailing and it seems obvious to me other coaches are putting that in kids' heads - whether they really buy into it or use it as some silly justification, either way it's silly.

Advertisement
LOL what "trouble" has Keith Brown even been in? He's a schoolboy, he isn't a thug.. hah! It's definitely a softy excuse he's using to justify everything.

lol @ the excuses this kid has used...it was clear when duke and flowers made comments he was GONE....they were re recruiting him and it basically because of our record and getting his bro a schollie..

trouble??..dude like someone said hasnt ever gotten in trouble in high school....not much norland kids go to um so it isnt like he will be around his "friends" all that much...dude hit every excuse angle known to man about his decomittment.
-clemson had his head in la la land about " i can get a job if football doesnt work out with clemsn connects".....his mm or parents are easily persuaded r influenced...look at the two guys he was willing to go play for Dabo Swinney and Ron Zook...two used car salesman that cant coach a lick.

Real talk i wouldnt even send Brown an LOI on signing day...i'd go after another lb and call it a day.

Advertisement
lol @ the excuses this kid has used...it was clear when duke and flowers made comments he was GONE....they were re recruiting him and it basically because of our record and getting his bro a schollie..

trouble??..dude like someone said hasnt ever gotten in trouble in high school....not much norland kids go to um so it isnt like he will be around his "friends" all that much...dude hit every excuse angle known to man about his decomittment.
-clemson had his head in la la land about " i can get a job if football doesnt work out with clemsn connects".....his mm or parents are easily persuaded r influenced...look at the two guys he was willing to go play for Dabo Swinney and Ron Zook...two used car salesman that cant coach a lick.

Real talk i wouldnt even send Brown an LOI on signing day...i'd go after another lb and call it a day.
Strong words, but this seems right on point.

Whether it's an excuse for the interview (likely) or he and his mom really bought into it, it's ridiculously stupid to put out in an interview and makes it sound like our school is a place where kids are going to automatically get in trouble (the height of absurdity). It's getting trotted out with relative frequency by some of these Dade kids bailing and it seems obvious to me other coaches are putting that in kids' heads - whether they really buy into it or use it as some silly justification, either way it's silly.
The worst thing is that its kids from Miami who should know that Coral Gables is in a cushy area that are falling for the BS. These kids don't know their own city?

It probably isn't the case with Keith Brown, but I think most of the time when this excuse is used it is because of them staying home and close to friends/acquaintances that would probably lead them to trouble not getting in trouble because they are in Coral Gables.

True in 2011, true now!

Advertisement

Trust me. Its got nothing to do with trouble.

Exactly lol y yall believe these kids

True in 2011, true now!

Naive? Please, these kids know exactly what they're doing. Just because they come to a different conclusion than you would like doesn't mean they're naive. Typical fan view: every kid should want to go to my school because it's near the beach/in a city/near home/in a close-knit community/has the best stadium/is far from home/has tradition/has the best looking girls/has just won a NC and has the best coach currently in the game. Whatever. Kids make the choice, the. They make up some **** they think will sound good to adults.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back