Anyone think FSU has much better talent??

Better dline and they had Ramsey. When was the last time we had a D player that disruptive? Taylor?

I'd take Cook over Yearby as well to give Duke a breather.

Advertisement
FSU is better coached may not be all that motivated but every team in the power 5 has talent its what you do with it...UM has talent for sure and the gap isnt wide Kaaya is going to be good and will be the face of the program but its not like FSU is gonna let up on the trail..Both programs are in better shape than UF thats for sure

The talent is pretty equal, but they know how to win, and we are still trying to figure it out. That's the difference.

They had the best player on the field, Jalen Ramsey. He took over the second half and we allowed it with conservative play calling.

Seriously man? They have a Heisman winning quarterback and we have a true freshman. I love Kaaya, and I'm ecstatic he's here, and know he will win many games and maybe set some serious records.. but as a freshman he's not Winston. If that's not the end of the story, they have better depth... they are the only team in the ACC with better talent than Miami. Take Winston out of that game and Miami crushes them.

THIS

Advertisement
Their Dline is better. They also have better depth. But the gap isn't as wide as we thought. Their players are just better developed and coached.

Their DL while talented doesn't make very many plays. Their front 4 pass rush is almost as bad as ours. They aren't great vs the run either.

I was surprised bc it's full of 4 and 5 stars. This definitely isn't close to as good as they were last year.

That said, i agree it's still better then ours

Anyone who compares position by position is off in the analysis of a comparison of talent.

I think the relevant comparison is when, like a coach, you look at competitive advantages. Did they have some mismatches for us? Yes. Did we have at least equal mismatches for them? Yep.

We were setup to beat that team last night. Their Back 7 was at a disadvantage against our skill positions. The coordination between their LBs/Safeties should be exploited by whoever they face in a playoff - if they can throw the ball. Our OLine opened holes the entire game. We ran the ball well and consistently enough for them to bring down a Safety. We never PA'd at the right time to take advantage of it, however. Our Back 7 wasn't at a complete loss against their skill positions.

You can talk about depth and all that's coming up, etc., but the players on the field weren't at a competitive disadvantage.

Better dline and they had Ramsey. When was the last time we had a D player that disruptive? Taylor?

I'd take Cook over Yearby as well to give Duke a breather.

Well when they allow the types of holds on FSU that they did I'm sure anyone would take that line.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back