Trav
Redshirt Freshman
- Joined
- Nov 3, 2011
- Messages
- 8,059
He already did on SaturdayAy man if you believe SJ is actually going to lose Reps at Guard… I do not share your hopefullness there…
He already did on SaturdayAy man if you believe SJ is actually going to lose Reps at Guard… I do not share your hopefullness there…
We have a bunch of wannabe coaches on this board w zero ideaThis sounds like a strange vendetta or something. McCoy is a critical part of the squad.
Eh Seems he played just as much he did first 2 games, diff being they for first time ever played him at center too. Thats not happening in games with starters so you think he won’t be rotating in all game at guard all season?… I’ll believe it when I see the first stepHe already did on Saturday
I would e liked to see the same. However a line goes through a two deep with your starting QB in on a regular. Same hypothetical applies if you put him in that spot. You're playing with our season and mensahs future like it's roulette. Would've been amazing to get more of. Personally I'd say he still will. Because whether gaurd or tackle, reps is first and foremost what he needs to see. The more he becomes accustomed to proper mechanics against live reps the easier it becomes to put him where you want him for his future. Both congdon and jackson will be playing tackle long term. This is just about reps & consistency.I shoulda been more specific, my fault. I meant reps in general, not necessarily with the 1’s unless earned. Think this first month he shoulda gotten reps at tackle even with the twos to just get reps in. I assume he’s our OT3 and my concern is he has more game snaps at guard then at tackle
You think Congdon at OT long term over Ervin? Idk… I think that’s sort of like Samson vs McCoy, where I just think Ervin has the better movement skills that’lol give him the advantage there - even if technically McCoy/Condgon have the better size… though idk quite what Congdon pure athleticism is, supposedly McCoys very athletic and was a former TE pretty sure. Condgdon just looks so massive. I mean if he is a good athlete, sure… I just think Ervin will take over at OT at some point as well….I would e liked to see the same. However a line goes through a two deep with your starting QB in on a regular. Same hypothetical applies if you put him in that spot. You're playing with our season and mensahs future like it's roulette. Would've been amazing to get more of. Personally I'd say he still will. Because whether gaurd or tackle, reps is first and foremost what he needs to see. The more he becomes accustomed to proper mechanics against live reps the easier it becomes to put him where you want him for his future. Both congdon and jackson will be playing tackle long term. This is just about reps & consistency.
I forgot about joel. He's a stud too. It's crazy how these rosters have flipped in the last few years. We used to only be capable of recruiting guards and trying to fit them in as badly placed tackles. Now it's easy for us to hit home runs at tackle but finding ideal guards has become more complex. It's not always a given that someone with tackle measurables can easily slot in as guards. If it was me I think I'd put joel at guard. LG next to jackson, take a transfer probably at center so we don't have to hope for the best out of sj or Rhys max or cannon at rg and congdon as RT. But regardless of what's going on right now with a TREMENDOUSLY INEXPERIENCED line, I don't question ANYTHING when it relates to Mario and mirabels decisions. Whether I agree with them or not.You think Congdon at OT long term over Ervin? Idk… I think that’s sort of like Samson vs McCoy, where I just think Ervin has the better movement skills that’lol give him the advantage there - even if technically McCoy/Condgon have the better size… though idk quite what Congdon pure athleticism is, supposedly McCoys very athletic and was a former TE pretty sure. Condgdon just looks so massive. I mean if he is a good athlete, sure… I just think Ervin will take over at OT at some point as well….
McCoy will be one of the best RTs in the nation by playoffs