Anyone seen this student proposal for a new stadium?

Advertisement
It is awesome...

Coral Gables is the issue.

Withe enough time the Don and Shalala will get something done. It is just a matter of time

Advertisement
70,000 is too big anyway. Needs to be about 50,000 at the most. Cut a deck and it would be fine. Won't happen because of Coral Gables, but I like the concept.

Should draw plans for something really undesirable to Coral Gables like massive homeless shelter with plans to import homeless from all over Florida each winter to protect them from the cold. Doubt if the hotsy totsy Gables residents will like that at all. Make it temporary emergency weather related type thing and you will probably minimize approval process and maximize political pressure on City. Then offer compromise for the stadium. Less of two evils for them.

Advertisement
Should draw plans for something really undesirable to Coral Gables like massive homeless shelter with plans to import homeless from all over Florida each winter to protect them from the cold. Doubt if the hotsy totsy Gables residents will like that at all. Make it temporary emergency weather related type thing and you will probably minimize approval process and maximize political pressure on City. Then offer compromise for the stadium. Less of two evils for them.

Known as blockbusting

Like other posters have said numerous times, stadium isn't going to happen anytime soon(next 5 years). Improving practice facilities/training facilities/athlete dorms is key. Probably have an indoor facility soon. AD has said this as well.

Like other posters have said numerous times, stadium isn't going to happen anytime soon(next 500 years). Improving practice facilities/training facilities/athlete dorms is key. Probably have an indoor facility soon. AD has said this as well.

FIFY

Advertisement
Miami stays relevant the next 5-10 years, winning a championship or two along the way, and we can bring up the talk of a stadium again. Heck, if we pull off a Saban and reel in 3-4, we'll even have one on campus

You guys think land in Coral Gables is cheap? Cause it takes a lot of land to build a stadium and to have parking around, etc. There's a reason cities build stadiums in the crappy parts of town and not in the swanky nice areas.

I've been to two games at Sun Life this year already and I don't even live in Miami. Flew in from Dallas to see the opener vs FAU, and I flew in to see the Georgia Tech game. It's not bad when you actually fill it up.

Personally, I don't mind Sun Life. It's easy to get to and convenient. It's too bad the renovation plans didn't go thru, but it is what it is. I think half the reason people even want an on campus stadium in the first place is because other fanbases talk trash.... but I don't give a single **** about other fanbases and what they think.

We have one of the nicest facilities in the ACC easily.

You guys think land in Coral Gables is cheap? Cause it takes a lot of land to build a stadium and to have parking around, etc. There's a reason cities build stadiums in the crappy parts of town and not in the swanky nice areas.

I've been to two games at Sun Life this year already and I don't even live in Miami. Flew in from Dallas to see the opener vs FAU, and I flew in to see the Georgia Tech game. It's not bad when you actually fill it up.

Personally, I don't mind Sun Life. It's easy to get to and convenient. It's too bad the renovation plans didn't go thru, but it is what it is. I think half the reason people even want an on campus stadium in the first place is because other fanbases talk trash.... but I don't give a single **** about other fanbases and what they think.

We have one of the nicest facilities in the ACC easily.
Lol wut

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back