anyone seeing these jet-sweeps that Andy Reid...

k9cane

Senior
is dialing up?

I mean, its a rather simple play but it really can open up other things in the run and pass game.

And they seem to be ideal for players like Jeff Thomas and Mike Hartley, don't they?

Nowadays, if you dont make the elite defenses play with their eyes a bit and create some hesitation, it's tough. I really wish at some point Richt would incorporate stuff like this...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Reid is an offensive genius and Richt isn’t. Richt is a good coach but his offense is not very imaginative so I doubt we will see anything different than what we’ve already seen

Reid is an offensive genius and Richt isn’t. Richt is a good coach but his offense is not very imaginative so I doubt we will see anything different than what we’ve already seen

Y'know, I dont disagree with this but there are a lot of teams at various levels of football that employ jet-sweeps on a consistent basis. I mean, it's not THAT difficult of a concept to employ

Anyone else surprised the Black Mamba hasn't made a bigger impact in the NFL? He did have a TD tonight, I know, but just thought he'd be more impactful in the NFL. There were times in college where it felt no one could get a hand on him.

Advertisement

Y'know, I dont disagree with this but there are a lot of teams at various levels of football that employ jet-sweeps on a consistent basis. I mean, it's not THAT difficult of a concept to employ

I agree but Richt just doesn’t seem to employ much beside the basic RPO

a motion to tick off a defense coverage isnt hard either but we dont do that either.

I would run at a minimum 2 jet sweeps for Jeff Thomas a game..not a play for Harley..but Jeff Thomas early in the game should be able to widen out the de's and olb just off the movement

a motion to tick off a defense coverage isnt hard either but we dont do that either.

I would run at a minimum 2 jet sweeps for Jeff Thomas a game..not a play for Harley..but Jeff Thomas early in the game should be able to widen out the de's and olb just off the movement

Or a few bubble screens to guys like those two and Berrios to mitigate what isn't the strongest run game and let Rosier develop some early mojo and get get him going. And if we're going to go up-tempo(at times) those are really effective plays and relatively easy to execute...

When was the last time Richt called an end around, reverse, jet sweep, etc.?

Advertisement
Yep I was watching it. Andy is an offensive guru though. I would love to see some of those plays implemented in or offense.

When was the last time Richt called an end around, reverse, jet sweep, etc.?

Thread, the only one I recall was the one at Notre Dame where Ahmonn Richards hurdled a guy.

And I know this may sound downright loony, but how bout shovel passes? That's another thing Im seeing all across the football world, which is another way of making defenses play with their eyes and not just fly up field. And you can run counters to that play(the shovel pass) that set up other plays

Advertisement
I thought I recall us throwing a little screen to Thomas early on that got blown up. I think Homer was in the backfield and split out. Just because it didn’t work doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try getting the ball to the burners every now and again

Are we saying Richt can't see other football games and steal?

Coaching involves a lot of stealing

Advertisement
I thought I recall us throwing a little screen to Thomas early on that got blown up. I think Homer was in the backfield and split out. Just because it didn’t work doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try getting the ball to the burners every now and again

I get what you're saying, and we have tried to open up the playbook but we are only 4 games in and undefeated to boot. We tried a screen pass that almost got picked. Jet sweeps would be a great way to get our young talent involved but once again we are winning with 24+ a game.

Are we saying Richt can't see other football games and steal?

Coaching involves a lot of stealing

He sees it and keeps calling his same plays

With injuries to Walton and Richards, Richt will have to get creative if he wants to move the chains. That was an elite defense we faced, but we also played some of the worst first half offense I’ve ever seen.

Cant have long lulls in offensive output.

Advertisement
Back