anyone know who this kid from karr is?

Advertisement
Advertisement
21.jpg

Love the film, and apparently he has been impressive in camps.

Great bloodlines, too. His dad is John Copeland, All-American DE from Alabama and Top 5 pick of the Bengals.

Would that be the same Copeland from the Bama dynamic duo of Curry & Copeland whom played in the early 90's that terrorised the SEC more than lawyers going after former SEC players for back child support. Those two where some baddddddd **** and they showed up bigtime against UM.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1992-12-31/sports/1992366185_1_copeland-alabama-curry

Unless this kid is super astranged from his dad he is a Bama lock just off of general principle. It would be like one of the blades going to ND, over UM despite having a UM offer. His dad CO-HOST A TV SHOW ABOUT THE TIDE!
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/07/john_copelands_comments_on_reu.html

This will be interesting to see how his recruitment continues, also i would like to see him in coverage, because we know he can play the run.

Go Canes

Last edited:

Great bloodlines, too. His dad is John Copeland, All-American DE from Alabama and Top 5 pick of the Bengals.

Are you kidding? His father killed us in the 93 Sugar Bowl.

Advertisement

I'm 35 and that's still a sensitive subject.

Wow I was 4 in 93.

Good thing you were, 1993 Sugar Bowl is an all time atrocious moment for Cane fans . Going back to school after Christmas break was awful.

I'm 35 and that's still a sensitive subject.

Wow I was 4 in 93.

Good thing you were, 1993 Sugar Bowl is an all time atrocious moment for Cane fans . Going back to school after Christmas break was awful.

I was a freshman in high school and I thought Lamar Thomas hung the moon. Dad bought me a green 36 Canes jersey and a new starter Canes heavy coat. It was so hard wearing that coat to school. But I did it. The play and the game still haunt me till this day. god that stings.

To add insult to injury my Dad had bought tickets to the Orange Bowl back in August and we would've went to the Orange to play Nebraska until dumbass Shane Matthews throws that pick to Langham. That sent us to the Sugar and FLORIDA MOTHER****ING STATE TO THE ORANGE. Not only did I have to experience that loss, I had to do it while watching Florida St. in the god **** Orange Bowl. I made us leave early. Everytime they would post a score the crowd would go crazy. I at all of 14 years old almost got in a fist fight with a group of grown *** men that were FSU hecklers. My Dad didn't know what to think. He pulled me away. We later laughed about it. My grandfather was a huge supporter of Hurricane Athletics but my Dad wasn't a big football fan. He took me to games bc I loved it. He was so taken aback by my edge that night.

Dude is a beast. If offered I hope he commits. Walton, Young, Smith...maybe one more. Would be a good class at LB

Advertisement
Juluke no longer coaches at Karr
He is an asst coach at La Tech now

Walton is talented, but some character concerns there and he is barely 5'11

I take back what I said earlier about him being tainted. He's a goon AND he's likely been picked on his entire football career for being shorter than everyone else? Sounds like he is a badazz with a chip on his shoulder who will chase down a running back and instead of tackling him, pistol whip his *** for having the nerve to think he could turn the corner on him. Sign this dude up. A TE is going to be going across the middle and see out of the corner of his a eye just as he is going to make the catch, a LB unsheathing a machete. I'm on board.

This kid will be attending bama even if it is as a walk on. His dad would banned from BAMA events if his kid went to UM.

Go Canes

Advertisement
This kid will be attending bama even if it is as a walk on. His dad would banned from BAMA events if his kid went to UM.

Go Canes

Lol yeah okay.

Well here is an article outlining his recruitment and moving between bama and La.

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2013/05/karrs_jaevon_walton_out_to_pro.html

Interesting thing is he attended Bama's camp and apparently had a great performance but did not get an offer or even hint that one would come which is very interesting. Maybe this is why the interest in UM, as a kiss my butt bama move.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Well hopefully this kid impresses at UM's camp and we can grab another Louisiana kid then hold on to him if BAMA comes in with a late offer because the kid is a Player. Even though he comes from a family of means the kid has that Dog in Him that certain players that make them play angry.

Go Canes!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back