Anyone hear anything on this?

No disagreement there but on what planet is this performance acceptable? I don't care who you are, wasting $10 million on this kind of performance should not be accepted.

And now with the ACC Network coming online in 2019, there should be no excuse at all for not hiring a top athletic director and football coaches. Conference payouts, media rights (including new ACCN), and the Adidas contract should be all that is needed to take us to the next level.
Let's be honest. It's the administration. People can put the blame on ACC revenue sharing, but the SEC pays out more than the ACC. You think bama or auburn would tolerate it? Their administration puts a premium on winning and ROI. This administration does not put a premium on winning or ROI when it comes to Athletics. I highly doubt the BOT members run their own businesses as they run the Athletics department. I'm pretty sure heads would have rolled by now if they did. They need to start treating it as a business like other universities do.

Advertisement
To me this whole situation also is telling of what kind of man Lil Richt is. Everyone knows he’s a large part of the problem. If I were in that same situation and knew that I was a big reason for my fathers failure I would’ve quit a long time ago.

If I’m Jon I’m telling my dad we need to run a spread offense.

If I’m Jon I’m telling my dad we need to run a spread offense.
Not saying this is the case, but Jon may be the only one that can get through to Mark. Wasn't he the one advocating to keep Perry in the FSU game when Mark wanted to pull him. He may not be a good QB coach, but he's a young guy and has been exposed to NFL schemes as a qc analyst. I would think he sees the issues and probably wants to open things up.

No disagreement there but on what planet is this performance acceptable? I don't care who you are, wasting $10 million on this kind of performance should not be accepted.

And now with the ACC Network coming online in 2019, there should be no excuse at all for not hiring a top athletic director and football coaches. Conference payouts, media rights (including new ACCN), and the Adidas contract should be all that is needed to take us to the next level.

Right well when is Aranda’s contract up?

Advertisement
Another day and nothing announced. No urgency. Oh I forgot it’s the Sabbath and I’m drinking sweet tea and sitting in my well used rockin chair on my roof patio. Nothing better!!!

Advertisement
I’ve read that buyouts are between 50 and 75% of remaining salary.
Correct. If the coach getting fired tries to play hardball then the schools can elect to drastically stretch out the payment. Let’s says it’s a $16mm remainder, they can say I’ll give you $8mm today or $11mm over 20 years

Advertisement
Golden got 5.

- CMR is alumni
- beat FSU 2x
- 1coastal ring
- 1 mill for IPF

He’s gonna be here a while.

There is no heat. Blake should of been out the door following the bowl loss. And he is gone by now. Nothing will happen.
No disrespect, but you have zero idea what you’re talking about

Not saying this is the case, but Jon may be the only one that can get through to Mark. Wasn't he the one advocating to keep Perry in the FSU game when Mark wanted to pull him. He may not be a good QB coach, but he's a young guy and has been exposed to NFL schemes as a qc analyst. I would think he sees the issues and probably wants to open things up.

Not sure Jon is smart enough to make any football related decisions that will benefit us. I will say that he should be able to look in the mirror and admit that he is one of the biggest factors in his daddy’s legacy getting tarnished. I just don’t think he’s man enough to do anything about it but he should consider the damage he’s doing when making the decision.

I’ve read that buyouts are between 50 and 75% of remaining salary.

A few things:

1. I know UM is home to some of the worst decision makers in P5 athletics. The place where we've given 4 straight unnecessary extensions which then were followed by 3 straight buyouts. So it certainly possible/likely that we continue to negotiate like potatoes and never learn from our mistakes.

2. As for buyouts in general, I am not considering ones where there are less than 2 years left on the contract. So 3 or more years.

3. I am sure some coaches have received 75% (maybe more) but I think each situation is completely different. I can see it where a coach is having great success/demand or the limitations on the buyout (e.g. what schools/jobs you may leave for) are material. With that said, my guess is Nick Saban would have a buyout that would be 75% (or more), not that anyone is buying him out. In addition, not just the amount, but the percentage (tends to) goes down as time progresses. So maybe with 5 years left on the contract, the coach may get 65% of the remaining base salary. With 4 years left, the coach gets 55% of the remaining base salary etc.

4. Considering the above, my guess would be closer to 50% with Richt. Even with our dipchits in charge, I just don't see him getting 75% of the remaining salary.

Advertisement
If I'm little Richt, I resign instead of tarnishing my father's legacy( whats left of it). Or, I tell him to hire the best spread OC he can find so I can learn that type of offense also. Either way, Jr has to know he's hurting his dad.

Not sure Jon is smart enough to make any football related decisions that will benefit us. I will say that he should be able to look in the mirror and admit that he is one of the biggest factors in his daddy’s legacy getting tarnished. I just don’t think he’s man enough to do anything about it but he should consider the damage he’s doing when making the decision.
You would think with the connections Richt has he would be able to get his son a job at a G5 school.

To me this whole situation also is telling of what kind of man Lil Richt is. Everyone knows he’s a large part of the problem. If I were in that same situation and knew that I was a big reason for my fathers failure I would’ve quit a long time ago.

I mean really? He has kids to and he’s making 6 figures. Football is a relentless sport and you make your money while you can.

He should be fired but I wouldn’t quit either

Advertisement
Back