Anyone hear anything on this?

Golden got 5.

- CMR is alumni
- beat FSU 2x
- 1coastal ring
- 1 mill for IPF

He’s gonna be here a while.

There is no heat. Blake should of been out the door following the bowl loss. And he is gone by now. Nothing will happen.

Golden got the extra year for two reasons: 1. Probation won him brownie points with the BOT 2. Shalala would’nt allow a coaching change during her swan song

Advertisement
i think blake see all of his athletics taking a huge dip downwards....football can keep him afloat, but after this year, he has to be puckered.

Advertisement

Valid point, but I think we are coming close to rock bottom. I also think it’s fair to argue that UM has never been this invested in the football program from a monetary standpoint...perhaps the BOT finally saw how much money there is to be made in college football and decided to pony up the money for Richt and the IPF. The returns thus far have been so-so (he got us to the orange bowl last year). After this dibacle of a season coupled with the expected downturn in season tickets and booster money, I would argue that UM is finally starting to move in the right direction.

If Richt hadn’t gotten that bs extension, he would have already hired an OC. Because of the extension, he has at least one more year to make it right or get fired.

That’s why I’m inclined to believe the twitter rumor of a blow up argument between blake and richt. Blake has to know his goose is cooked if richt fails, plain and simple. Further, he has little to no leverage to force richt. People on this board have referenced pressuring him to make changes, but ultimately the only thing he can really do is threaten to fire him. Richt might appear to have early onset alzheimers but he still has to know he holds all the cards. So now you have an already weak AD trying to force change from a position with zero leverage, and a proud coach who is finally realizing how out of co trol things have gotten and probably has the weight of the world on his shoulders (aka, he now knows he needs help and the knly thing to do would be to let go of his son and/or close friends like brown, dugans, searels, etc). He always oreaches loyalty, so he would essentially be breaking his own code. This is the number one reason why he never has and never will be a champion, because he values relationships over the bottom line, which is winning.

As far as richt and james go, I absolutely believe that things are bad between them, because james knows the future of his job 100% lies in the hands of richt. If no changes are made, they are both fired during or after 2019. If he makes a change, it probably still is too late but at least there would be a small chance it stabalizes things enough to stick around 2-3 more years and eventually help save blakes job.

Personally I think after the dust settles, richt makes the tough decision and brings in someone safe and that he is familiar with. I think it helps our offense move into an average state (certainly cant get worse), but I also expect our defense to regress. As a reault I see another 7-5 season with richt either stepping down or getting fired and exiting UM along with james.

Just

His contract is through 2023, which would put his buyout at around $15.7m at 75%. He could have settled for as low as 50%, which would be a little over $10m.

You think the buyout is 75% of the remainder? That is atrocious even for UM.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Now the question becomes, if Richt and Miami do negotiate something out, do you want Blake James taking the lead of finding the next HC? The fact Miami is in this situation again is absurd and James should be fired.

*** no. Pick one:

1. James is a puppet, who is just following orders. He is just a figurehead.

2. James needed five years to fire ALbortion. Couldn’t force him to change DCs. Then after being fired, had no “plan” for the next HC until UGA fired their trash. Then James gave Richt the extension. In addition, this is the second HC he can’t persuade to make obvious changes.

Either way...Why do we need James? What we need is a passionate and competent AD with autonomy.

But since we love apathy and self-inflicted cancer we have James.

*** no. Pick one:

1. James is a puppet, who is just following orders. He is just a figurehead.

2. James needed five years to fire ALbortion. Couldn’t force him to change DCs. Then after being fired, had no “plan” for the next HC until UGA fired their trash. Then James gave Richt the extension. In addition, this is the second HC he can’t persuade to make obvious changes.

Either way...Why do we need James? What we need is a passionate and competent AD with autonomy.

But since we love apathy and self-inflicted cancer we have James.

For the life of me, I just can't understand how any business spends more than $10 million on football coaching salaries and shows these kind of results. In my world, if someone makes a $10 million mistake, they won't last long but I guess it's different in the University's realm.

For the life of me, I just can't understand how any business spends more than $10 million on football coaching salaries and shows these kind of results. In my world, if someone makes a $10 million mistake, they won't last long but I guess it's different in the University's realm.

... bunch of bureaucrats kissing each other's butts..

Advertisement
Back