Anyone hear anything on this?

Advertisement
I would suspect that his buyout is typical of ~4.5m contract. Curious to what that typically is. There is enough public universities where we could probably find some comparables and make a more educated guess on the buyout.

They owe him till what 2024 after the extension so we’re talking 22-million or so...

If they can get out of this for 12-14 they ought to jump at it but I fear Mork is wanting 20 at least....this is why you dont keep giving extensions after one season into a contract.

They owe him till what 2024 after the extension so we’re talking 22-million or so...

If they can get out of this for 12-14 they ought to jump at it but I fear Mork is wanting 20 at least....this is why you dont keep giving extensions after one season into a contract.
Can’t get my head around the extension. Just unbelievable.

Advertisement
Just

His contract is through 2023, which would put his buyout at around $15.7m at 75%. He could have settled for as low as 50%, which would be a little over $10m.

Mark Richt ain’t going anywhere anytime soon. This is all a twitter rumor.

He’s not hiring an OC either.

Deal with it for a few more years.
A few more years? Lol. He’ll get one more year. He can’t last longer than that.

Can’t get my head around the extension. Just unbelievable.

You of thought he’d learned his lesson after Al..but nope did it again..I mean I could maybe understand if you were worried about losing a coac but WTF was mork going besides off into the sunset.

For that reason alone James ought to be canned and if that contract is as bad as Cribby said james ought to be fire immediately

Advertisement
Just

His contract is through 2023, which would put his buyout at around $15.7m at 75%. He could have settled for as low as 50%, which would be a little over $10m.

If that’s it figuring the revenue they are gonna lose they should have made that deal.

If that’s it figuring the revenue they are gonna lose they should have made that deal.

They still might have to buy out a new coaches contract as well. Miami probably rather give him another shot with an OC.

Advertisement
This contract extension was unnecessary for the time it was signed. Miami should have waited until after year 3 to decide on an extension. Blake should be fired for this, it was a bad business decision and not his first time making this mistake.
There was zero reason to extend Richt. He wasn’t going anywhere, and there was no doubt that needed to be dispelled. It was a mind-numbingly bad decision.

Advertisement
Got a bad feeling that unless it’s mandated he can’t hire him that Jon Jon will be the new OC out of spite...

Advertisement
Back