Anyone hear anything about this?

There is talk on the internet about a heated argument between James Coley and Golden at halftime Saturday over offensive strategy for the 2nd half. Evidently Coley walked away just shaking his head. Was he arguing for a more aggressive approach versus Al preferring to sit on the lead?

Anyone hear anything about this?

Advertisement
kyle talked about a screen shot of some one stating this Sunday morning, but no credible source.

Advertisement
Sucks if true. Coley is the only assistant with a ton of potential. Id hate if he walks cuz of some stupid **** with Golden

I fully expect Coley to leave at the end of the season. I think Golden would prefer a more methodical, plodding offense that keeps the defense off the field as long as possible.

Advertisement
I fully expect Coley to leave at the end of the season. I think Golden would prefer a more methodical, plodding offense that keeps the defense off the field as long as possible.

Good point, but I think Golden would prefer a painfully slow offense - so that he can try to make a first quarter adjustment by the second half of the fourth quarter.

The game is too fast for Golden.

That's why there are never any adjustments - EVER - since he got here.

Just think about Saturday - second half FSU went to zone, and NOTHING was done! After 3.5 years, it's plain the game is too fast for him.

Sucks if true. Coley is the only assistant with a ton of potential. Id hate if he walks cuz of some stupid **** with Golden

Jed Fisch didn't even blink on the way out.

Can't say I blame him.

He spent 8 of his 9 years previous to coming to Miami in the NFL and then left after 2 years at Miami to have the same position for an NFL team, of course he didn't blink.

Advertisement

Can't say I blame him.

He spent 8 of his 9 years previous to coming to Miami in the NFL and then left after 2 years at Miami to have the same position for an NFL team, of course he didn't blink.

Some guys come back from the NFL and never want another part of it. (Saban)

Corchin in the NFL is 100 times more cutthroat than NCAA.

Jedd was like **** it, worst team in the league? It's better than working with these bums.

Can't say I blame him.

No he didn't. The Jacksonville position was as an OC. He was at Seattle as a QB coach (not coordinator) before he came to Miami. Why would he want to come to Miami as an OC if he was already a pro coordinator? Stupid comment, get your facts straight.

Of course you're not alone in stupid comments on this board.

Can't say I blame him.

No he didn't. The Jacksonville position was as an OC. He was at Seattle as a QB coach (not coordinator) before he came to Miami. Why would he want to come to Miami as an OC if he was already a pro coordinator? Stupid comment, get your facts straight.

You're wrong. It isn't the greatest sentence in the world but the poster never said he was an OC in Seattle. Just that he spent 8 of the previous 9 years in the NFL and that he took a clear promotion to be an NFL OC with the Jags.

Jedd Fisch left to take an NFL job and coach with a guy that he had a prior relationship. Thank god he did. He was an above average OC(maybe) and an awful evaluator at the QB position. Olsen, Dewey and Crow. Bleh

Advertisement

Can't say I blame him.

Jedd was like **** it, worst team in the league? It's better than working with these bums.

Where do you come up with this stuff??? Out of thin air??

I read in that post that he said to Golden that "This isnt the Big 10 coach, this is the ACC and we gotta put them away. I know this guy (jimbo) and what hes telling them, we need to keep the pressure on all night long"

Can't say I blame him.

Where do you come up with this stuff??? Out of thin air??

wtf are you even saying?

Can't say I blame him.

Didn't Jed start off as like a "get coffee" guy with Spurrier? Guy is has been on fast tract from nowhere to big time from the beginning. Him and Coley make a case for Golden having a good eye for OCs -- to bad that doesn't extend to DCs. Don't know if Coley and Golden had dispute. Earlier this year i would not have cared. Coley looked like a loser to me who only knew how to call WR bubble screens. Lately he seems to have realized he has an NFL QB and has started using him as such. I don't think he will leave to quick-- he has Kaaya for two years. That kid is going to make a lot of people a lot of money. If only Al would take advantage of that gift.

Advertisement
Back